Days-Is Kim Coming Home??/ Kate & Vic Again??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eileen is needed back before Kim, even though Kim and Shane were really my favorite supercouple. We need to get Eileen back before she goes to another soap, and also I feel that with all the viewers that started during the Posession or beginning of JER's first era, Days would get more of a ratings boost with Kristen. People who do not go to internet message boards or sites, might not even know who Kim is. Some who have watched her make guest appearences might know....but wouldn't really care.

• Members

Steve and Kayla didn't get ratings because of exactly how Kim wouldn't, because most young or however old viewers that started in the nineties (which alot did) or later don't know who on earth they are. I know people who watch Days but theyv'e only been watching since the nineties....and when they read abut Steve and Kayla's return they immediately asked "Who are Steve and Kayla?" And the people who did watch Steve and Kayla are mostly devoted viewers who stick with the show no matter what, even though some viewers were lost because Steve "died".

As you said HoganStays, Kristen is entirely different. Because alot of people watched her or at least know about her and her greatness, but that cannot be said for the old eighties supercouples that left. Kristen was mentioned alot during JER's previous era when Tony was around...so people at least know about her. Kim, Shane, Steve, and Kayla were barely ever mentioned. So I agree that Eileen needs to be back before Patsy or anyone else is.

• Members

Yes. Like it or not, Days gained alot of viewers in the 90's. A lot. And perhaps the character they would remember most from this era is Kristen. She's unforgettable. And hearing of her return just might draw alot of viewers back. It'd certainly make me a happy camper! I want her back so badly now that Hogan is in charge. I want to see what kind of layers he could give to her.

• Members

Returns don't get ratings, storylines/writing gets ratings. After over a decade of disgustingly bad writing on Days,

viewers were not ready to jump right back in with Reilly still at the helm. Maybe if he had left (at least a year)

before they returned, things would have been different.

Besides, after 16 years away, half of the soap viewing audience didn't know who Steve & Kayla were. I think the audience

is only just beginning (barely) to be reintroduced to them.

As for the Kim vs. Kristen choice? I would much rather see Kimberly thank you. Couldn't stand even the little bit I saw

of Kristen.

• Members

I agree that returns do not get mcuh ratings and writings and stories do, but I don't think Hogan would bring back Kristen if he didn't have a storyline planned out for her. Remember, this is not JER. JER does that return without a story planned stuff, which is why Austin and Carrie's run was, sadly, written poorly this last time around.

• Members

Right. If anyone but JER were writing at the time, Austin and Carrie's return would have been a success. It was his crappy writing that made it flop. With Hogan though, he wouldn't bring Kristen back just for the sake of a ratings gimmick.

• Members

God, I want her back so badly. The wait is killing me! This is worse than waiting for a neverending JER payoff!

This show needs another mature [!@#$%^&*]. We have plenty of young [!@#$%^&*]es. But we're sorely lacking in the mature [!@#$%^&*] category, with Kate as the sole leader. We need Kristen and Vivian to come show 'em how it's done!

• Members

Exactly, however I don't think we have that much young ones either. We definately need more though, and the first one is Kristen. We barely have any, young or old, anymore. As you said, Kate is the leader. Willow might be fiesty but she's a horrible character with a fish lipped actress. Chelsea sort of is like one, but I wouldn't count her as one just yet. Who else do we have? No one. Sami has pretty much been redeemed so I don't count her as one anymore.

• Members

Pretty much all we have right now in the way of a villainess is Kate.

I don't count Willow as a vixen, because she's just a psycho. Sami is pretty much reformed. Chelsea really hasn't done anything all that bad lately, so I'm not counting her either.

Archived