Executive Musical Chairs & The Risky Business Of Rumor Mongering

• Members

Experience has taught us that where there is smoke, there is fire. Unfortunately, all that smoke can make it difficult to ascertain the exact truth. Then, there is the dilemma of deciding when to share what info we receive and how much of it, because information can be inaccurate, incomplete, or the timing of said event can be off a bit. We take the risk of being called uninformed, having agendas, or simply labeled as outright liars. It is an especially risky business when only PART of a story is confirmed in the public, when the timing is off, and/or when certain forces are determined to keep things hush, hush. You know what I mean: That old, 'if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?'.

Yet, daytime fans keep clamoring for something yummy to munch on, they crave and love their junk food (old fashioned gossip), but want to sue the manufactures when it makes them fat. No matter that the junk food may not be full of nutrients (facts), and that it comes with warnings (rumor, spolier!), or that it is not particularly good for you, it has its own appeal. With that in mind, I have finally decided to proceed with caution, and let our readers in on what I am hearing. Just keep in mind that everything I am telling you is unconfirmed....got that? Unconfirmed. If you only want accurate facts, skip this and find something else to do. All that said, I am willing to go out on a limb and provide some of the stuff you crave.

Something big may be happening over at ABC Daytime. People have been in contact with their sources and placed their heads and info together over the last several months, trying to pin down the details. Several versions of similar stories are seen, some of which contradict the others. Possible scenarios:

1. John F. Smith may take over Head Writing duties on GH

2. Jill Farren Phelps is exiting her position as EP. Based on what we know, we guess this may, (along with other factors) have a lot to do with certain actors on GH refusing to sign new contracts unless she had no say-so over them (think Jacklyn Zeman (BOBBIE) who almost did not re-sign with the show over issues with JFP; Anthony Geary (LUKE) who we hear may have gone to bat for Jacklyn)

3. Wendy Riche may return to ABC Daytime in some capacity (OLTL's EP?)

4. Casting: ABC approached Christie Clark (ex-Carrie, DAYS), Renee Jones (ex-Lexie, DAYS) about joining their shows. Beth Ehlers Harley on GL) spent an hour with GH's casting director at the 2006 Daytime Emmys. This may mean something.

5. Leaving AMC: Jacob Young, Kelli Giddish, Alec Musser

6. Leaving OLTL: Tobias Truvillion

7. Kay Alden is given the choice to HW AMC or OLTL; serves as consultant on both shows for now

Anyone else with more info? Who's in? Who's out? Who's hot? Who's not?

It is also possible that this is all just a bad case of junk food poisoning. So, here is your dish, take your chances with it, or not. You can choose to pick out the best of the morsels to savor or turn your nose up at, or swallow it whole, or simply heave the whole thing into the garbage disposal- your junk food has been served.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm really concerned about this: "1. John F. Smith may take over Head Writing duties on GH". JF Smith was not terrible on Y&R, he was very good from late 03-04, but I don't want him to be GH's HW or EP if the current ones quit or are fired. Yes, RG Jr. & JF Phelps have had their chance to shape GH, but Smith shouldn't be allowed to have his chance. Remember Y&R in 2005? I rest my case.

Archived