AMC: Big Changes for top couples

• Members

The Tad & Dixie thing is accurate. The Erica/Jack stuff is valid I guess but the Erica/Jeff stuff is not just going to be dropped (at this point). He didn't lie, he just didn't include the Jeff aspect lol

The only thing that kind if made me go "huh?" was the Zach/Kendall "scoop". I honestly think Brian pulled that one out of his @ss. Of course they'll be a couple again but this big story that explodes around them...I don't know what he's talking about and it wouldn't suprise me if he made it up. Eventually I'm sure the scoop will be fulfilled, but I don't think such a story was in the works when he made that comment. His comments are so vague and Brian loves to give away specifics (e.g. telling Kylie six months ahead of time who Josh was; spilling Bianca's pregnancy at a TV critics event).

As for Mr. Armus, if it is true I guess I'll learn from SON like the rest of you because nobody I interact with seems to know a thing about a regime change.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, just forgot to mention Jeff, if I didn't hate Frons so much, I'd thank him for that. Well, I hope that J&E are the end story, because as much as I hate them, I loathe the idea of Jeff and Erica playing house with the fetus. :angry:

I get the feeling that Frons pulls a lot of things out of his ass, and that he is not at all above telling people what they want to hear. :rolleyes:

He was so kind to tell me who Josh was six months before everyone else. LMAO hell, I knew before Colin. That's some fiunny [!@#$%^&*]. I think he likes to pick and choose his battles, and that's why sometimes he does tell the truth. Josh was a battle, I have to believe he wanted. Because I got the truth and I mean all of it, when Greg did it, how Greg did it, etc. out of him in one email. Lucky me, huh? LMAO

• Members

Wow, I knew he told you about Josh, but didn't know exactly how much he told you! :o One would think that the President of ABC Daytime would be smart enough to not give out such specifics to strangers. As for what LG said, it doesn't surprise me that Frons is pulling things out of his ass. The ratings have crashed to an all-time low, while both of AMC's major competing soaps have had really good ratings bumps. By promising storylines to major fanbases it can give a potential ratings boost for the short time through sweeps. Its when the promises don't get delivered that the ratings once again crash. Needless to say this might backfire big time.

• Members

I don't know if I can post the email here, but if I can, I will gladly. Basically, I figured him out. About Josh being a Kane Martin. I figured out that Greg didn't really do the abortion, and that he somehow saved the baby, and implanted him into Emily, who then gave birth to Josh. I told Frons then, that it was medically impossible, etc. All the complaints that I have now, and it was his answer, that confirmed that not only was Josh the aborted fetus, but that it was going to be done exactly as I said it would. And it's funny, because Colin said in an interview that he didn't even know who Josh was until a few weeks before the scenes were to be shot. LOL, I wonder sometimes if I knew before Susan. But then I think she had to know, right?

And the funny thing is, for months I yelled to anyone who would listen who Josh was. And people (they know who they are) would come poison the masses aginst me, and say that I had an agenda. It's really sad. Here I knew, and was trying to stop it, and very few people actually were willing to help, until it was to late. :(

Bottom line is that Frons lies. And he lies skillfully. He knows what to say. He knows what to say, and when to say it. He's a master at this game. Then when it doesn't happen, he can just say that the writers went in a different direction then he was told. He does it to the GH fans all the time. I trust that man as far as I can throw him.

• Members

Poor Frons. Too clever by half. He knows what to say, and when to say it ... BUT thats just for manipulating people. Unfortunately, he has the worst taste of any network executive. He thought Fetus-boy was a great idea; and that NuColby is acting gold, too many etceteras to mention here. That is why ABCD sucks so badly. He is why all ABC soaps are tanked now.

As they say ... "but you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time."

• Members

My guess on the Fetus family, and its just a guess. Josh either will want his parents together and scheme to keep them together or erica will realize the only way to have a relationship with josh is through jeff(who I bet will be closer to josh pretty soon, since he likes babe). I think its hilarious that Frons totally left josh/jeff out of the equation. :lol: As for erica/jeff I don't see anything developing between them until they get on neutral ground with their son, I don't see that happening anytime this year, maybe in late december.

I don't think fetus-boy is that bad of an idea, what killed it for me is them putting him with babe, its just an attempt to get fans to like this character. They think if they put babe/josh together, then the kane women will except her and then fans will accept her, this fan will NEVER LIKE BABE, you have failed once again.

• Members
I love that "historic destiny" So appropriate and so true :D

I don't think any Jack/Erica (or Jerica as some like to call them) believes that Jeff won't stick his unwanted nose in our couple's lives. You have to be blind and stupid not to see how things are being written (and we are neither believe me :lol: ) but I still feel that even if Erica is tempted (and I can't imagine why she would be he is so drab and not anything she would want in a man) she loves Jack in her heart and will always end up with him. It's always been that way and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So I'm up for whatever comes if its WRITTEN DECENTLY and if Erica doesn't regress after the growth of the character the last 3 years. The entire premise of Erica wanting a man she didn't want when she was married to; that she duped;That she didn't have enough respect for to tell him she was pregnant, ran off to abort, and lied to him about it when she came home; and cheated on him soon after, is ridiculous and it makes Jeff look like a loser. But hey, bring it on :lol:

I'm happy about Tad/Dixie too. Its about freaking time we see some bonding there.

I think AMC finally see's why their ratings are going down the toilet by giving us couples noone cares about; stories noone likes; and showcasing the same 5 people day after day after day, so they took the 3 most popular couples with the biggest fan bases and are trying to make them right their sinking ship. I hope it works but that won't fix the fundamental cause of the problem and that is the Headwriter with no creativity, imagination, who has no :( romance in her soul

Is Josh 5 years old? :lol: Or does he just act it?. Is this supposed to be Bianca/Travis/Erica all over again?

Sorry, but if AMC tries to see this they'd be the laughing stock of the industry. Of course even when they did this back then it was Jack that Erica loved :D

• Members

I have no doubt the man plays what he believes is his immediate audience -- but he isn't exactly smooth about it, his history of lies and half-truths are costing him long time ABC fans, but nearly as much as his attitude is. He doesn't talk as much about OLTL and AMC, but quotes about Genie Francis and Kathy Brier show horrifying attitudes towards women. They had to re-edit a Soapnet interview after some remarks about the upcoming Laura's return story.

• Members

Can someone clarify this for me? I read elsewhere that he said something to the effect of "Nobody wants to see an overweight, middle-aged woman in a front-burner story". Is that what this is about? He said that during a soapnet interview with the camera on him?

That seems a little much, even for him. Age and sexual discrimination aside, Brian has been nothing but complementary to Genie since he took over (at least in public forums). In his very first interview he went on about how he had ben looking at old Luke/Laura promotial campaigns, how great their chemistry was and how the door was always open for her.

I actually agreed with Brian that his Kathy Brier comments were taken out of context. He was attempting to complement her, though I guess there would have been safer ways to do it.

Archived