2016 British Soap Awards

• Members

I'd actually say Danny Miller deserves at least one of the awards, as his performance is one of the few things that actually worked for me in the abuse story (the other was Jeff Hordley, who was superb), but I have a feeling they may just hand him the panel one because they know Danny Dyer will win for his usual squinty monotony.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are a lot of high quality photos of the Eastenders cast at Walford Web. I don't want to repost, of course. Everyone mostly looked good, aside from Laurie Brett (yikes). Diane Parish and Shona McGarty I'd say looked the best for the ladies, James Bye for the men. Danny Dyer wore an odd shiny suit of multiple colors that made him look like a Doctor Who villain from the McCoy era. And Danny Boy Hatchard bulged out of his suit trousers expertly.

I'm mostly happy with the winners,

Best soap speech (a bit of it):

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid4732606169001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGw7qfs~,Db7JF9IuhXatY0QbCtAIDebrmAT1MFtF&bctid=4917273017001

• Members

@DRW50: Oh Lord. Laurie Brett looks a damn hooker. IDK who told her that looks cute but it does not. I agree that Diane and Shona slayed. I thought Gillian and Bonnie looked gorgeous too. 

James Bye, Harry Reid, Richard Blackwood, and Danny Boy Hatchard are the best dressed men of the cast. The man that plays Gavin could've gotten his damn teeth whitened. My God. The boy that plays Shakil....<_< They just need to chop all his hair off. He looks like a f-cking moron. I know Adam Woodyatt had the money to get a better tailored suit too. 

I thought Lacey's speech was cute. Glad she gave props to James.

• Members

Yes, everybody went nuts for her, and rightly so. 

Am SO happy that Emmerdale won Best Soap, I really loved John Middleton's classy speech. Charlie Hardwick's speech on winning Best Scene was amazing too. I do feel that Charlotte Bellamy was robbed, though. 

Archived