• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rumor of the day: The Criterion Collection will be re-releasing Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

Not sure what they can get for another Blu-Ray release beyond the full treatment it was given on the box set, but I'd kill for a commentary from Sheryl Lee or Robert Engels. That said, Lynch would have nothing to do with a commentary track, and I suspect he outlawed one for Criterion's release of Mulholland Drive - he also made sure all the recorded audio commentaries for the old TP Season 2 box set were stripped out, because he didn't care for the ones on the Season 1 set (done by various writers and directors). He just doesn't like audiences having that kind of narrative running with the film, I guess.

• Members

20 days away! I still can't believe this. I am trying to potentially finagle an invite to the premiere screening at the Ace Hotel on the 19th, but I doubt very much I'll get that lucky.

I am not sure my heart or mind can handle 4 straight hours of new Twin Peaks after 25+ years without some sort of real trailer/teaser to prepare me emotionally, so I am hoping we get another with new footage this Friday. In the meantime, I am starting my umpteenth rewatch of the show and film this week - I've seen it a zillion times and know it by heart, but I want to be able to go into the new show with a very fresh recollection and see how it all knits together from then vs. now (or not).

More articles. You can right click and read the larger articles in bigger images:

Edited by Vee