DaytimeFan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Interesting premiere...lots of storylines set up for the next 9 episodes. 

It's interesting to see how much location shooting they did in this episode - Helena's bedroom and the dining room, for instance, were definitely not sets, and Liam's post fight bar and the beach were locations too...it's good to see that Dame Joan's "I DID IT!" scene is getting repeat airplay, but I really want to see her back this season, though I have my doubts she will be. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

How are we feeling about this season?

I don't find myself enjoying it as much this year as I did season 2. Here are my major gripes with it:

1. No Dame Joan

2. James Hill's annoying daughter

3. Liam's love life is a storyline priority

4. Eleanor and Jasper are still at first stage and haven't progressed at all

5. The reasons for Robert's disappearance hasn't been dealt with at all

6. Helena hasn't been at the centre of everything like she was last season

7. Cyrus' comic relief daughters have disappeared

Ultimately, this season is so much weaker than season 2 which was great. Gone is the dark mystery and back is the teenage One Tree Hill style angst. 

• Members

It's official: the show has jumped the shark. 

The only good good thing is Hurley and she is still magic in every scene she's in, but the tone of the show this season has changed so much. Gone is the mystery and in is the stupidity. 

I'm going to stick out the last episodes because I am devoted to Hurley. No word on a renewal so far, but if it does return there are a number of major changes required.

• Members

I tried watching the first episode this season and quit. 

When I saw Liam go to 'fight club,' I was done. Why do all soaps do this or the boxing story for young males when they don't have sh-t else for them to do? It is so stupid. 

What happened to Ophelia? I thought she was supposed to be Liam's true love and they built her up all first season to get rid of her. 

Elinor and Jasper is just stupid at this point. 

IMO, this show f-cked up after season one. 

• Members

Oh I disagree, Season Two was incredible. So much better than Season One. This show f-cked up after Season Two. 

Ophelia was a dead weight Mary Sue type character played by an inferior actress. Getting rid of Ophelia made all the sense in the world and it freed up Liam for Season Two's random hookups and intense mystery about the Stuarts vs. the Henstridges. I was surprised that someone had the guts to admit Ophelia was a dismal failure of a character and to drop her. 

Eleanor and Jasper are stupid. After Season Two's gripping conclusion with the soccer riot killing Ted, thanks to Eleanor and Jasper playing the footage of him killing the king, what we should have seen in Season Three was the planning of a Royal Wedding between them. It isn't to say it all had to go smoothly for them, but having absolutely no progress over three seasons is just pathetic. 

Robert's return has been decent because the actor is capable and the writing for Robert hasn't been totally sympathetic. He is a grey character. Unfortunately, they don't appear to have a clue what to do with Liam as a result and thus we have the Fight Club scenes. Ridiculous. What we should have seen in Season Three was an intense rivalry between Liam and Robert (which they've attempted) that threatened the monarchy with the interaction of the Prime Minister (why hire the fabulous Laila Rouass in Season Two if you aren't going to use her again?!)

Cyrus and Helena have been utterly wasted this season. What we should have seen was Cyrus, dying, desperate, withering away, but hell bent on exacting revenge on Helena for the death of Violet and Helena's role in getting Prudence and his son out of the country. He would threaten the monarchy and Helena, who would be in search of love for herself after Alistair left her, only to be vanquished at the end of the season by The Grand Duchess of Oxford who had meddled throughout the season in Eleanor's royal wedding preparations, thereby repairing The Grand Duchess's relationship with the family. Not having Dame Joan Collins return for Season Three after she made Season Two is the greatest offence of all. Cyrus had to be written out after the third season - but you would be left with the natural conflict between Robert and Liam as the way to continue conflict in the show. 

I am so disappointed for how Season Three has come together. Mark Schwahn should be ashamed of himself. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow. I just pushed myself to get through half of episode 8. What a pile of sh*t this show has become. 

The only redeeming feature is Elizabeth Hurley. She is a capable actress and has flown in her part from the first episode. But the rest of the show is dreadful and quite frankly I won't be sad to see it cancelled. I don't see how it's going to get renewed, ratings are down on season 2's numbers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The finale was good - where was this show all season? 

Telling the episode through flashbacks tells me that towards the end of the season the creative team realized that they'd gone and made a mess of the show and that they hadn't accomplished anything and that they needed to put some major action into gear. 

And boy, did they ever inject some drama. 

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it - but essentially they showed that *nothing* was as it seemed when it came to Robert's disappearance. 

Elizabeth Hurley tweeted that she loves Joan Collins and has her fingers crossed that she returns for Season 4. Elizabeth, from your lips to God's ears. This show badly needs Joan Collins back as the Grand Duchess!

Archived