GH: Beauty in darkness.

• Members

Wow, watching today's General Hospital really got me down. The scenes of Edward, Luke, Lainey, Tracy and "Laura" were heartbreaking. The image of Mary Mae was powerfully poignant, as was Luke telling Tracy how he failed Laura in her dreams for a happy life. Lainey and Edward forged a simple, small connection that said so much about Edward's burden of guilt toward the Ward family. Luke's monologue in Laura's room was beautiful as well, with the wistful music of yesterday humming quietly in the background... and that's what's wrong with General Hospital.

It's as if the writers miss the days gone by of the show. The Mary Mae/Edward storyline was one of the show's finest, and Luke and Laura's happy life at one point seemed a dream for the both of them. Now, the Wards are really no more. Laura murdered her father and hasn't spoken since. Justus is dead thanks to the mob. And all of this is accepted by the characters on the show. And for what? To make sure that the local mob king's toes aren't stepped on? I want Edward to be angry! I want him to take revenge on what's happened. I want the dark stormcloud that's been over Port Charles for years to lift! This episode was so beautifully written and yet none of this ever should have happened. The writing was so beautiful today, but why did it feel as though Port Charles has been in this sort of twilight zone where something like this is acceptable?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still pissed that Justus didn't get an actual funeral. <_<

That being said, I loved today's show:

-Edward's interaction with Luke.

-Luke an Tracy.

-Edward and Lainey with Mary Mae singing in the background.

-Luke and Laura, Laura holding her shoulder after Luke left.

I am soooooooooooo bored by the teen scene.

I actually enjoyed Carly's devilish ways today.

• Members

Great episode today!

Carly & Patrick are friggin' smoking hot :o:wub: I love them and I can't wait for them to have sex LOL! Laura Wright's awesome when she's with Jason Thompson. I love that! There's little to no sexual tension when she's with Jax (but I do like Car/Jax, they are romantic unlike Carly & Patrick.) and I can't picture anything rootable with Sonny. :D I was pissed off when Robin knocked at Patrick's door, but Carly enjoys this so I guess I'm okay with that.

I would like to know what Justus's portrayer thinks about his firing and all, I hope TVGuide.com makes a Q&A session with him next week, IMO they should've done that this week but we got a stupid SoapStar's loser instead. Anyway, I loved the interaction between Lainey & Edward. When I learnt Justus was going to be killed off, I thought, let's pair her up with either Edward or Alan (you know just legally or something). I am sure those scenes will mean something. That's actually what I want for Lainey. It would be good.

I hope Emily is on tomorrow :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I liked Justus, but not M'fundo Morrison, the actor portraying him. JF Phelps & RG Jr. should have recasted the role or even better: lure Joseph C. Phillips back! There were many SL possibilities with the Ward, Hornsby, Webber, Holt, Moore, Ashton & Quartermaine clan. Keesha could have return, as well as Ned, Larry Ashton & his wife, Paul & his daughter, Elizabeth's dad--Jeff & Gino Soleito.

If ABC/SOAPnet aired past eps of GH (1980-1999), they'd be ratings winners.

Archived