HBO: True Detective

rhinohide

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Rust is obsessed with finding the real killer since he screwed it up in 1995 and can't let it go because he still grieves his daughter. That the new cops think it is him, is obvious from before - it will be interesting to see where it goes - with 3 episodes left, I'm not sure we will find out who the real murderer is (unless it is Rust in fact, something I would be ambivalent about) but I guess that may not be the point of the show.

McConaughey is a gifted actor - I never knew this before because the only things I have ever seen him in are fluffy romcoms.

• Members

All this time, I thought Cohle's name was Russ and it's Rust!

Last night's episode was really good. The development in this show is like nothing I've ever seen before. I usually do not like stories told through flashbacks. But the way they've built this foundation and woven the past and the present together is fascinating.

• Members

I'm loving this show and Harrelson and McConnauhey are a perfect odd pairing of Hart and Cohle.

Hart, really wouldn't have a "praised past", if Cohle hadn't covered up his mess. What they both did, has allowed this suspect to still be out there for all this time.

Cohle is crazy, pessimistic and depressing, but he's an amazing detective.

When he told that woman to kill herself, because she wasn't going to be able to deal with living inside prison, I agreed.

• Members

I honestly can't see the roles reversed at all. Which I think is a testament to how well both men have defined the characters. Honestly before this show, I didn't have much of an opinion on either actor as far as talent went but they both have truly blown me away on this show.

• Members

I had imagined that Cohle would confess that he was in love with Maggie and that's why none of his other relationships worked out.

See, I didn't think that she would use him against Marty as payback for all his years of cheating and screwing around on her. It made sense though and she wasn't one bit sorry about it.

That's how damn mad and upset she was about letting Marty back into her and the kids lives.

Archived