B&B: Survivor, BB players guest star

DRW50

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Howard! It was nice to hear how big of a fan his mom is of the soap. I won't say he thrilled me as a game player but I agree with him it seemed like he really just never stood a chance. Shame. I'm sure he'll be back on All Stars now. Anyway, not a Big Brother thread ... lol. I also didn't realize he was such a Big Brother fan though. They actually cast a lot of 'fans' this go around.

I'll tune in to those episodes. I like everyone they're using. I couldn't remember if Jeff had before or not, so I Googled it and he and Jordan apparently appeared on October 27, 2009 in scenes with Jennifer Gareis (Donna).

And a question, if anyone would even know, I'm sure these are likely CBS mandated appearances, but I find it interesting that B&B casts so many Survivor/BB players in quick roles. Is there a fan in the house at B&B or is it all CBS?

• Members

I'm embarrassed to say that BB was more of my "soap" this summer than any of the current soaps have been. It really did have everything of soaps - complete with ugly, painful social issue exploration. It was way too personal and sour, but there you go.

• Members

Yeah, that was the 80s flashback episode, where Jeff and Jordan were high school classmates who crowned Donna and Justin the king and queen of the prom.

Jeff also appeared solo on B&B in August 27, 2013, as a janitor/production assistant on the Room 8 series. He was in the studio when Maya and Carter (who were texted by Rafael after the HFTF fashion show) showed up.

My guess is that the ones that happen right after the BB season ends are CBS mandated, although B&B usually does a good job of finding ways of fitting the characters in with existing stories so it doesn't seem like stunt casting. The ones that keep coming back for more shows, like Brendon and Rachel (who have returned occasionally since their first appearances), are probably B&B's idea, but that's just a guess.

Archived