Omarosa is suing LaToya Jackson

alphanguy74

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a certain amount of subjectivity... but there is also a standard set of funeral etiquette. Think of it as "A set of rules with wiggle room". So here's my question, why is Claudia's distant shot and loving tribute a problem, yet CNN broadcasting eulogies isn't? (Omarosa aranged for CNN cameras in the church)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30DleyQi4E

When it comes to photographs at a funeral, it's usually more relaxed when we're talking about a public figure (Sharing the service with the public who loved the person, such as presidential funerals, actors, singers, etc.)There is no reason for Claudia to think that what she did was offensive, when CNN cameras were right there up front by the casket.

• Members

Nothing seems to be sacred anymore. I don't think the media should broadcast funerals but they get to hide behind the claim that they are doing some sort of public service. If they didn't do it, I can't imagine it becoming a big deal.

It's disrespectful to sit at a funeral tweeting. There's no justification for it and Claudia Jordan seemed to be hiding behind Omarosa's red carpet madness but how does that justify another wrong? She could have easily paid tribute to him in another way, if that was her intent.

I don't think she should get a pass because she can point to what Omarosa did. Omarosa answers for Omarosa. Claudia Jordan should have owned up to her low level actions and kept her finger on herself in that instance.

• Members

I agree that one should not tweet during a funeral, that's why she took the photo and tweeted before the service started (from the back of the church) Once you take your seat in the church, the cell phone gets turned OFF. She's not hiding behind Omarosa's red carpet. In the end, it's about what the FAMILY wants, and if there were no cameras, and the family (Meaning his mother, Omarosa was not family yet)didn't want any press at the funeral, THEN Claudia would have been in the wrong. Omarosa claimed she asked for no pictures, but she's lying. It's not a first for her.

• Members

I don't think it matters whether it was before, during or after. I think it's inappropriate no matter what the ways of society are these days.

You're making Claudia's actions dependent upon someone else's which might be fine if this were a reaction. What she did is independent of everyone else. If she felt the need to take the photo then she should have kept it private period.

• Members

I can't believe I actually watched The Talk but I did and this was their first topic. "Kwazee" Underwood sided with LaToya because she's a Jackson and claimed that LaToya intentionally called MCD Michael Duncan Clarke to protect herself. Aisha Tyler was really anti-Omarosa so Wayne Brady tried to be the fair one. The bottom line is that that for the most part they agreed that what LaToya said was in bad taste but that Omarosa has no grounds to sue.

I'm glad I watched because Lily Tomlin was on and she's awesome!!!

Archived