Cinemax's New Late Night Dramedy, "Chemistry"

John

• Members

My Friend & Actor Jonathan Chase has the lead role in this new series that debuts Friday August 19th at 11PM EST and runs for 13 episodes in its First Season.

In The Story, Jonathan plays Michael an attorney who is engaged. Then one day he meets Liz played by Ana Alexander. Liz is a cop. There is an instant attraction between Michael & Liz that borders on Erotic Madness

Here is the teaser that Cinemax has put out for "Chemistry"

http://www.cinemax.c...d=1095804975001

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad Cinemax has continued to push new drama, in a wide variety of genres, from anthology, to cheap frat house stuff, to Sex and the City type stuff, to quasi-soap. Cinemax had some great (for that genre) material in the mid 90's, with Erotic Confessions, then they ran a bunch of crap for a while, and have improved again. I especially liked Lingerie.

• Members

I watched some episodes. I mean to watch more when I get around to it. I like the idea of the show (anthology is something that is a classic format and yet is so rarely used now), but I don't care for the female lead.

The episode about the killer sorority was pretty good.

• Members

FF had a lot of soap stars

Scott Bailey

Bren Foster

Daphne Duplaix

Steve Richard Harris

Carrie Genzel

Kiko elsworth

Chemistry also has Sally Kellerman, Chad Evert & Morgan Fairchild in recur roles.

Evert & Fairchild play Jonathan's character, Michael folks

While Kellerman is a friend Of Ana's Liz character

• Members

Synopsis

Passions ignite and the sexual sparks fly in this sultry series from Cinemax, which just proves that there's no denying chemistry.

As the saying goes -- opposites attract -- but that is just the tip of the connection between Liz and Michael. Liz is the cop; Michael, the corporate lawyer. They come from different worlds: the ivy-league world of a law firm where Michael is engaged to the boss's daughter, and the gritty world of the LAPD, where Liz is a hardboiled cop on the beat.

But from the moment Liz saves Michael from a fiery car wreck, their chemistry explodes on every level. They try to break the spell of their mind-blowing attraction but can't and maybe they'll find they don't want to. Enter their world filled with erotic madness and inhabited by the quirky assortment of family, friends and lovers who orbit their cosmic storm.

• Members

I watched this a few hours ago.

I like the idea of it (boring guy and crazy woman meet and he begins to question his life). The cameos from people like Sally Kellerman and Eric Pierpoint of Alien Nation were a nice touch.

I thought Jonathan Chase did a decent job, although I did have to laugh at how in 4 sex scenes the show worked so hard to avoid showing as much of him as possible.

The woman who played the cop he hooked up with was very OTT and I'm not sure if she will work as the lead. A lot of their scenes seem forced, with the exception of the encounter in the bathroom, which was very well done.

The sex crazed British friend of Chase's reminded me of Dudley Moore in Foul Play. Odd. Well we do seem to be hurtling back to the 70s and 80s, so it fits.

• Members

There are 12 more shows and the realationship between Liz and Michael gets more intense and Deep.

Jonathan told he has lots of Nudity through out the season and Ana (Liz) is a great actress. I just think they were just starting it up a bit

Expect more interaction with Ragan Brooks (Joslyn), Chad Everet as Michael's dad, Vic. Sally Kellerman's Lola and Liz are friends. And Eric Pierpoint is not only Michael's Boss but Also Joslyn's Michael's GF's Dad. I think Jeremy Kent Jackson (Luther) is the comic relief

Oh and we meet Michael's mom in the episode 13, season ender played by Morgan Fairchild

Archived