Popular Consensus On Each Show's Status?

• Members

It's kinda funny how shows will become really good then really bad and I and a lot of people bounce back and forth between whats boring, what's watchable, what's smoking good and whats absolutely deplorable. Based on perceived viewer contentment, I'd rank them like this:

Y&R

OLTL

AMC

GH

B&B

DAYS

ATWT

GL

would you say that's what most seems to think? It's getting harder to find die hard fans of the last half lol

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think your list is right on, except I would swap B&B and ATWT. At least ATWT does not have acting that is an embarrassment to actors everywhere. (Excluding SF, KKL, and a few others). Acting teachers worldwide should have made a tape of B&B in November to show their students-as a warning.

• Members

a lot of people are really pissed at ATWT though because of their total lack of any real story depth, their "villain of the month format", misuse of couples and too many insta-couples... B&B seems to have a little more integrity in regards to where its characters are headed and isnt mostly recasts now

• Members

I am a diehard fan of the last two. I think GH with its negative mob reputation and DAYS with John and Marlena being fired should be lower. ATWT should be higher because there continues to be a buzz around Luke and Noah even for some people who may find the rest of the show lacking.

Not sure what insta-couples you mean at ATWT -- if anything, my problem with couples would be that they have the same cycle of couples over and over (Paul and Meg, Dusty and Meg, Dusty and Emily, Paul and Emily, rinse, repeat). ATWT is taking time to build Casey and Allison.

My sense of how people are feeling about the shows is:

Y&R

OLTL

AMC

B&B

ATWT

GH

DAYS

GL (although I think this consensus is wrong and GL is in better shape)

• Members

I would put AMC lower down on the list. I think there is a lot of discontent with the way the show is going right now. When the new headriter first came on a lot of people saw an improvement but now it seems that a lot of people think its in horrible shape.

• Members

I don't think ANY soap is perfect by any means, but out of all the soaps, I get the impression that Y&R and OLTL are the main ones trying their hardest to be at least entertainingly decent. Neither show is "flawless," but compared to the others on the air and the shape both shows were in a few years ago, they're damn good.

I just don't get the impression that they other soaps are trying to get out of their black hole that's consuming most of the genre.

• Members

I agree that Y&R and OLTL have good momentum right now. I would put ATWT next, just because of the incredible acting level on the show. Next would be B&B (yes I know it's trash, but it's very soapy, and concentrates on its original cast members). I don't care for the rest at all. GH is "the Sonny Show", Days is getting rid of all the vets we tune in for. The absolute bottom would be a tough one: I can't even watch GL with that horrible filming technique and AMC has acting that wouldn't pass muster in high school.

Archived