ALL: If Y&R or OLTL got the "Night Shift" treatment

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would be interesting to try something like a sitcom format. You can set it in Llanfair or wherever the Cramer women live (sorry, I'm sot a regular viewer :) ) and focus on the people who live in the house, maybe bring on some of "domestic aid." You could just focus on their wacky hijinks. That way the show could be entertaining, but not disrupt the continuity of the One Life too much.

• Members

Much to their suprise, the situation at "Leighton Hall" (the Buchanan Family London compound) is not as rosy as Sarah and Clint were led to believe.

I like this... if the action is centered around Leighton Hall, will Roma Downey appear as Joanna?

• Members

I have been wracking my brain for a Y&R spinoff, and I can't really think of one.

What is knocking around in my brain, though, is that Daniel and Amber would go to Malibu for 16 weeks, and the story would center around that. There would be guest appearances by Jana and Kevin. There would also, SPECIFICALLY, be a guest appearance by B&B's Rick Forrester and Ashley Abbott (because I really want Rick and Ashley to find their way--together--in a triangle with Amber--to Genoa City).

Since they'd be in LA, I might also find a way to bring in Paul Williams' son Ricky (who lives there). I also would try to bring in Nina Webster (who lives there, working on screenplays) and her son Phillip IV. Again, I admit it, this would be a way of keeping those characters alive for eventual re-introduction to Y&R.

But I don't know what the umbrella would be...what plot would push this through. I'd definitely find lots of way to get Graz shirtless on the beach.

• Members

I really dig the idea of a 'SOAPNet: The Retirement Village'...it would feature Stuart Damon, Jackie Zeman, Leslie Charleson, Julia Barr, Michael Nader, Catherine Hickland, Hillary B Smith, Lynn Herring among many others (essentially everyone on 'recurring' or over 50) in a few dramatic plots about infidelity, lust, a humorous look at getting older and eventually making a break for it under the shadow of night. There would also be one catfight per show, culminating in the murder of Nurse Frons, the scourge of the retirement village.

Archived