AMC: Thursday

• Members

Hmmm not bad but they're making Ave the new Babe. We're not sure WHY exactly she's so great, in fact, she's rather annoying but JR and the women of Fusion seem to believe that she is a singular talent, just fabulous but like, and because they keep saying so, I guess we're supposed to catch on an agree. They really need to tone her down. AMC needs to understand that SUBTLTY is the key to characterization and to making us care for a character and they also need to understand that twins don't have to be the polar opposites of one another: think Vicky/Marly AW, Frannie/Sabrina ATWT, even AMC's own Kitty/Kelly though i'm not sure anyone writing for AMC these days knows those names or why they're meaningful.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only similarity I see with Babe and Ava is both have blonde hair....I mean when Babe came to town she pretty much had a thing with three guys at the same moment (married to Paul, faux married to JR, slept with Jamie). Ava has only really slept with Jonathan. Sure both are feisty and bitchy but it is not as if they are carbon copies.

That's just my opinion

• Members

I also love Kate Hall! She just writes such naturalistic dialogue and her scenes consistently draw me in even when I don't like the characters. For example, yesterday I actually watched all of Aidan & Greenlee's scenes.

I still ff'd through Ava and her men. I think it's fair to compare Ava to Babe since so many other characters have sung Ava's praises the way they used to do Babe's. Ava isn't that interesting a character and to have JR and the Fusion girls act like she's such a great model just comes across as phony.

Kendall brought me to tears for the second time this week.

I'm glad Zach is letting Adam have his house back since imo he never should have taken Adam's home away in the first place. Now I just hope B&E can come up with a good storyline where Adam gets revenge.

Annie's storyline keeps getting more interesting to me. I can't wait to find out who took the locket and how her brother is involved.

• Members

Ava slept with Sean a couple of times when she first came on the show. Then there was (and still is) Jonathan. She was all over Aiden for a while. I remember her making out with that skeevy drug dealer too and it's pretty obvious that it's only a matter of time before she sleeps with JR. Sorry, just not a fan of the character at all.

• Members

Kate Hall has done it again. I watched the episode in bed this morning since I have the day off. Very well written. THIS is the dialog that I enjoy.

David Canary did a fabulous job with his brief monologue after Adam's meeting with Zach.

Even SabineLee was tolerable because she had natural dialog that couldn't be ruined by her -- although she tried her best in the beginning. "Here, seagulls! GO NUTSSSSSSSSS!" And then when she started acting like she was having orgasms over that damn brick of cheese. "Mmmmmm... so long, perfectly aged gouda."

But, overall, I enjoyed the feel of this episode.

• Members

I don't mean that the character are smilar. I mean that the characters are written in similar styles: basically hailed by characters for no good reason. Babe was never as saintly as many of the characters seemed to ahve to kep reminding us and similarly Eva is no model with star power depite JR and Fusion's insistance that she is.

Archived