The WB's Night of Farewell!

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

It's soo sad watching this network say goodbye. I've watched this network for a good 6-7 years and now all the shows are cancelled. Felicity, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Dawsons Creek I watched all those shows and enjoyed them soo much and now there all gone. My network is gone. It's soo sad. What's the name of the song they played.

ITA agree about the silver frog flash out. Beautiful. :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is no joke, Skin, I just got CHILLS by your just mentioning it. It really was THAT good. And every time I think about it, I continue getting chills! They don't get away!!! My God, it's really gone.. The end of an era. :(

I think the idea was that The WB 'made' many of today's hottest stars. Kind of like, "It all began here."

(My God, I'm still getting chills over that silver frog, it's freaky1!)

• Members

I got goosebumps and I just about lost it when they said you let us into our homes during the montage scene. :( it's soo sad to watch this television station go even thou it didn't perform well in recent years this was still my network. I grew up watching these shows. Buffy, Charmed, Dawsons Creek, Felicity and even 7th Heaven I watched all these shows and now there gone I didn't realize it until then.

So now i'm rushing to by the DVD releases of Buffy, Felicity and Dawsons Creek. These shows really shaped a generation and there's no lie about that.

Honestly the series above far beat out any of those that we have now. Even thou Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill are somewhat good and are the best renwed shows on the "CW" it has nothing on Dawsons Creek, Felicity, Buffy or Charmed in my opinon. These are the shows that made the network interesting and it just shows how muchl the WB fell.

Here's the pic soo sad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wbsignoff.jpg

Here were the final nights ratings:

WB signs off quietly

The WB fell below the 1.0 mark.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratin...tings-headlines

• Members

There's also some stuff on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P83TDw-cs0

It's soo sad. I can't believe it's gone. This is the final goodbye promo before it went off with the silver frog :(

The song is "Crawl" by Thisway

For 11 years...

You brought us into your homes,

We made you smile

and tugged at your heart

and now we say goodbye,

From all of us at the WB

Thank You.

I'll probably do a casting list later but not right now.

Katie Holmes, Jason Van Der Beek, Joshua Jackson (break) Kerri Russel, Noel from Felicity, Steve Harvey, Cedric The Entertainer, Cordeillia from Buffy and Angel, David Boreanza, Sarah Michelle Gellar, (break) Jamie Kennedy, wayans Brothers, Reba Mcentire, Tia and Tamar Mowray (break) Michelle Williams, Emily VanCamp, Alyssa Milano, Treat Willliams, Melissa Joan Heart, Scott Peterson, Selma Blaire (break) Nikki Cox, Amanda Pete, Ivan Sergio, Rose McGowan, Milo Ventimigla, Jamie Foxx (break)

Jason Van Der Beek (pause) Silver Frog

• Members

but then we have Jamie Kennedy, Alissa Milano, Treat Williams, Reba McIntyre, etc. I know i'm getting picky, but theres alot of people I woulda included over some that were.

And where did they dig up that Sarah Michelle Gellar shot with the bangs? She never had that (thankfully!) during the WB or UPN run of Buffy.

• Members

I watched WB religiously in my early and mid-teens. I think everyone in my age group did too. It's so sad that it's gone.

Here are my top 5:

1. Everwood

2. Grosse Point

3. Gilmore Girls...it's still on, but I don't watch it. Seasons 1-3 were amazing though

4. Dawson's Creek

5. Felicity, Roswell (tie)

• Members

Actually, Drew, maybe you read my thoughts because I THOUGHT about posting all the WB promos I'd found on YouTube, but that wasn't me. I didn't go through with it. Someone else did.

Also, I noticed the clip you meant and yes, I'm pretty sure Buffy had bangs like that. I was a "Buffy" ADDICT in college and watched the old back-to-backs on FX 'back in the day.' Anyway, I remember her having that hairstyle while wearing a long blue coat that she often wore. If I'm mistaken she had those bangs for just like ONE or two episodes and it may have been while she worked in that diner during season three or four. I remember thinking how choppy her hair looked and how she need to abandon ASAP.

• Members

Thanks to Chicago SuperStation WGN... I actually watched when The WB went on the air on their very first night on January 11, 1995. Also, thanks to my local station that aired the WB programming even after they became a My Network TV affiliate. I wanted to be there for the WB farewell since I was there for their hello.

The WB's first programming of being a new network was "The Wayans Bros." The reason why the Wayans Bros. (Shawn & Marlon) named their show that was basically a play on words with the new network. The WB (Warner Bros.) or in their case (Wayans Bros.).

This is when the WB only aired once a week on Wednesdays. So I have been with The WB since the very beginning and I definitely watched their farewell night on September 17, 2006. I have watched a lot of WB shows from the sitcoms to the dramas even their reality TV series.

I remember that Bugs Bunny introduced the world to The WB on that very first night in January 1995. I think I have that opening night somewhere buried on my VHS tape. I'll have to find it. Also, Michigan J. Frog was a part of that opening night as well.

I was there for their first sitcom (The Wayans Brothers) and their first drama (Savannah). I was also there for the shows that put them on the map like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Charmed," and "Dawson's Creek."

I was even there for the shows that didn't really put the WB on the map but, they were my favorites. Like "Popular," "Jack & Jill," "Three," "Young Americans," "Popstars," and "Grosse Pointe."

I was there for the songs that the WB used to promote their shows during the summer months. Remember "Oh what a Night" and "Talking 'bout my generation?"

I'm so happy that The WB actually recognized their early WB stars from the sitcoms like The Wayans Bros., The Steve Harvey Show, Unhappily Ever After, Sister Sister, The Jamie Foxx Show and Zoe,Duncan, Jack & Jane which later became "Zoe..."(yes, Zoe, dot, dot, dot) I thought for sure that The WB would forget about them.

Anyway, it was very sad watching that network sign off the air because The WB was the first broadcast network that I actually saw sign on the air.

Archived