Sophia Loren: "My era of Hollywood was much better. You were known for your skill and talent."

Cheap21

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

IA with her. Im not a big fan of Twitter and social media. Its breeded very superficial celebrities. I also beleive fans have too much access to stars and thats lended itself to ugly behavior on both sides. Too much TMI and impulse posting which lives on forever bc someone can take a screenshot of the internet. Hollywood mystique and glamor is lost with todays pop culture and social media plays a big role in that

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think her era was not quite as free of superficial quality and famous-for-being-famous as past eras (Jayne Mansfield built this type of brand and she was there when Sophia started), but otherwise I do agree with her, especially about the plastic surgery, but about the rest as well. There are a lot of young women who mostly become known for showing some or all of their tits and ass on Instagram rather than building a career. One of the few who manages both is probably Rihanna.

And I do think fans are too demanding. I read an article months ago criticizing one of the One Direction guys for having "fake" smiles when being asked to take photos, but if you had to take 100 photos one after another, how real would your smile be, even if you're getting paid a lot of money for it?

Archived