Katharine McPhee Reveals She Battled With Bulimia

Ryan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally never dealt with either bulimia or anorexia, however, I do have a problem with weight...

Before I got sick, I weighed 140 pounds....once the doctors started putting me on three kinds of medication, my weight gradually shot up to 198 pounds...

It wasn't just the weight gain that bothered me, but family members and supposed friends making comments about it...The constant comments really hurt me; so much so that over time I just became depressed about it; along with other things.

Right now, I'm trying my hardest to lose weight, but it's very difficult for me to do.

I'm glad that Katharine came forward and shared her story....especially when there's so much talk about how people should look.

• Members

As someone that has always been skinny and gaining 20 pounds this year I have had a taste of what chubby/overweight people go through. I dont by any means really know, but I went back and visited people from my old job and just about everyone mentioned my weight gain. Although most said I looked better all filled out, it was just people that I care about go on and on about my weight. Even in my immediate family, they have all mentioned my weight gain because they have always mentioned how jealous they were of me being so skinny but eating whatever I wanted. I weighed about 215(I am 6'5) in December/January and now I weigh 235-240 so I am just not used to having a mini stomach. The past week though I have cut out cokes/soft drinks cold turkey and have been laying out and running trying to sweat as much as possible. I have also been drinking water more than I ever have, so far I have lost 5 pounds in just one week. I am more determined to finally get to some abs, something I have never had. I guess me gaining weight like this open my eyes up and I am now eating a lot healthier.

I am so glad Kat came out with this story. She not only waited until AI was over, but she has overcome so much already. She is definitely a beautiful woman too inside and out.

Archived