Fall 2018-19 Lineup

KMan101

• Members

I really don't know what schedulers are doing anymore. They seem to set shows up for failure instead of success. Not at all what I'd have armchaired. Not really sure why they'd pair The Gifted with Lethal Weapon. Not sure why they aren't using The Resident, 9-1-1 and Lethal Weapon to launch new shows. I also thought they should have kept Bob's Burger's at 7:30 and aired Orville at 9, like they aired X-Files there for years and it became a hit there. It makes so much sense to me there. Oh well.

But here ya go

SUNDAY

8:00PM - The Simpsons

8:30PM - Bob's Burgers

9:00PM - Family Guy

9:30PM - Rel (New Series)

MONDAY

8:00PM - The Resident

9:00PM - 9-1-1

TUESDAY

8:00PM - The Gifted

9:00PM - Lethal Weapon

WEDNESDAY

8:00PM - Empire

9:00PM - Star

THURSDAY

8:00PM - Football

FRIDAY

8:00PM - Last Man Standing

8:30PM - The Cool Kids

9:00PM - Hell's Kitchen

Well, at least Friday was smart. Wednesday stays the same. Football should do well for them so that should be an improvement. Just not sure what they're thinking on the dramas. I guess they figure if they're popular people will watch no matter where they put them but I think timeslots still matter, as does the pairing of compatible shows, those things still matter even in the age of binge watching and DVR-ing.

Mid-season seems to be "the new fall" so to speak. More buzzy shows debut then and they typically try harder to make these shows succeed. Fall almost seems like a burn off for new shows they know probably won't stick around. I know that sounds weird but I can already guess Orville won't do well going forward. Rel is probably DOA. Lethal Weapon/The Gifted looks like a disaster night. I wouldn't have had 9-1-1 in the fall. I guess I get pairing The Resident and 9-1-1 but eh. IDK.

It's like they just shove some things somewhere. lol

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived