ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

A Woman

Verse 1:  I am a woman as a woman I've been told / Dieting is marketed to me in this mold / Born with a clock, I yearn for the seed / Years I have waited with remarkable need

Verse 2:  I am a woman who has grown from a daughter / Been criticized by a jealous mother / Big breasts and tight buttocks got me into trouble / Boys and men alike ignored her and focused on me instead

Verse 3:  I am a woman who is not a victim / Begging for scraps is something I'll never do / I am a woman who is a c*** - there, I said it / I don't get hysterical when I'm referred to as such

Bridge:  I don't fare well with scorn and bitterness / I don't do well with a life of unwanted sacrifice / This won't work well if you're in constant judgement of me / I am a woman who is weaker than feminist chants

Chorus 1:  I have been adored / I have been protected / I'm using my status for monetary gain

Chorus 2:  I have been shamed / I have repented / I'm working my way toward the belief of forgiveness / I have been blamed / I have relented / I'm working my way toward the belief of forgiveness

Chorus 3:  I have been glorified / I have been worshipped / I'm working my way toward my original template / I have been raped / I have been attacked / I'm working my way toward endless retribution

Written by B. (Thursday, July 24, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Much For The City

Verse 1:  This city is just not for me / It was never filled with possibilities / Everywhere I go / Is a place I should have never been / Curiosity got the best of me / I won't look back / Homeless people walk up to me / They get in my face begging for money / They dirty up the streets / They don't want to get a job / Who the hell cares / Cause they'll soon no longer bother me

Verse 2:  Dying is never a choice / But living life certainly is / So I choose to feel alive / For the rest of my days / And I will get a chance to / Only if I'm far, far away

Bridge:  The soul of the city is colder than its winter season / Icicles pierced what was remaining of its barren heart / Snow has blocked its eyesight / The blind are leading everyone into eternal hibernation / That's why the Queen owns this nation

Chorus 1:  So much for the city / That never was the place / I thought it would be / Politicos and special interests rule / I'm escaping from the clutches of their stupidity / So much for the city

Chorus 2:  So much for the city / That never was the place / I thought it would be / Politicos and special interests rule / I'm escaping from the clutches of their stupidity / I refuse to live under this maddening authority / So much for the city

Chorus 3:  So much for the city / That never was the place / I thought it would be / Politicos and special interests rule / So much for the city

Written by B. (Sunday, December 5, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Linger Awhile
Verse 1:  Linger awhile / There's no rush to leave / Moment to moment / Should be taken in
Verse 2:  Follow me / Though I don't know where I'm going / Rest assured / It'll put your mind at ease / Time has made a change in you / The world keeps turning
Verse 3:  It was a long night / This will be a big day / We'll go east to west and back again / If you get close / You can hear the quietness in your mind / There's no greater thrill / Than the wonder in your eyes
Verse 4:  All who compete against the clock / Seldom realize that their lives are ticking away / Disobey the orders of your calender / We've got time to burn / Let's go real slow / Let's linger awhile
Chorus:  Look not at the time / But what's around you / Linger awhile

Written by B. (Monday, January 1, 2006) Copyright 2006

• Members

I Wanna Be A Soap Star

Verse 1:  I wanna be a soap star / I wanna go really far / Have my own dressing room / And be adored by millions of fans / Being Erica Kane's personal assistant / Who arrives in Pine Valley to shake things up / Would definitely rock my world / But first, I gotta get me an agent

Verse 2:  I wanna be a soap star / The publicity attached to it is what I crave / Having a six-figure income / Would wash many of my worries away / Being paid by Jack Abbott to spy on his nemesis / And bring down Newman Enterprises / While being part owner of Crimson Lights / Would definitely rock my world

Bridge:  I wanna be a soap star / I wanna promote myself on every talk show / I wanna co-host with Ellen or Kelly / And on The View if they get rid of that Survivor chick

Chorus 1:  Amnesia, multiple marriages / I would sign up for that in a heartbeat / I wanna be a soap star / Long-lost twin, business tycoon / Or any role I can sink my teeth into

Chorus 2:  Corrupt D.A., jilted ex-hubby / I would sign up for that in a heartbeat / Local mobster, nosy reporter / Or any role I can sink my teeth into / I wanna be a soap star

Written by B. (Monday, November 28, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Surfacing

Verse 1:  Whitest **** open up and reveal your great mystery / I've heard many rumours about you / And I want some clarification / Do you lean on the side of Marilyn Monroe or Margaret Thatcher? / Do you dance with everything you sweep up in your presence? / Are you the one to bestow afterglow on regular fellows? / Do you beat the heat by letting the freak class wash your feet? / Do you conjure up inventions with your breath and sounds? / Are you quiet when the inner riots erupt among the youth? / Do you earn a wage in the cage built by the big machine?

Verse 2:  Caught between minor existences and a glorious world / From far the most spectacular light that could easily blind me / Trying to grip onto anything that could eradicate my brokenness / I'd like to run across your warm beaches whole and complete / To be a star in your galaxies of pleasure would be breathtaking / An out of body experience beyond my wildest dreams / A moment you could freeze in time / For me to savour continuously

Verse 3:  If I'm offered to breathe in your pure air / I'd gladly accept it / My lungs would be fully-formed as I'm being revitalized / Every inch of skin would be removed painlessly / I'd be shielded from the harsh environments of my old ways / This unrealized state of being  / Would decorate empty spaces that have occupied my core / And taken control of my senses / I'm situated in a position that could go either way / A reality that could be a living perfection / Or a living nightmare

Bridge:  Sometimes it seems like I'm close to where I should be / There are no wise voices to guide me along the way / If I continue to subscribe to nonsensical notions / I won't break through the desires which surround me

Chorus:  They say that eyes are windows to the soul / If I stare long enough, I'll know everything about you / I'd be mesmerized and inspired to be deep inside of you / To swim across your cool and vibrant oceans of wonder / To transform myself into a unique and significant being / I want to tell you / That I spend the bland days of my life / Surfacing on your nature / But I don't know how / This unusual excitement is strong enough / That I'll break if it can't live outside of me

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 31, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

The Coast Is Never Clear

Verse 1:  Hiding away, every day / Afraid to show yourself in broad daylight / Obsessing over appearances / Wanting to look better than you are / Your thoughts are on overdrive / You've got to slow yourself down / Troubles come and troubles go / But if you wait too long / You'll never know / If you can be more than you are

Verse 2:  Hiding away, every day / Obsessing over appearances / Your thoughts are in overdrive / Troubles come and troubles go / You'll never know if you don't grow / Falling down and rising up / Part of the motions of life / Choose to live out a dream / Or fantasize about it endlessly

Verse 3:  Hiding away, every day / Obsessing over appearances / Your thoughts are on overdrive / Troubles come and troubles go / You'll never know if you don't grow / Falling down and rising up / Part of the motions of life / Choose to live out a dream / Or fantasize about it endlessly

Chorus:  The coast is never clear / But there comes a time / When you'll have to make a run for it / The coast is never clear / But there comes a time / When you'll have to get out of your mind

Written by B. (Thursday, December 15, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Whatever You Want

Verse 1:  You may be single and bright / Searching for someone to share your life / You may have qualities / That many would find appealing / But you're alone / You've got to be forthcoming with your intentions / It starts by being honest with yourself / Fakeness is futile / Misrepresentation will only lead to bitter feelings

Verse 2:  First impressions are important / Rarely do we get a second chance / To showcase out best attributes / So be wise and make the most of it / You shouldn't rely on fate / To give you a love / Get it for yourself / Life is full of competition / And in order to win / You have got to want it more

Chorus:  Whatever you want is out there / If you look hard enough / You will find what you are looking for / It's unnecessary to travel around the world / When what you want is in front of you / It's been there all along

Written by B. (Thursday, December 8, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Let Me Go

Verse 1:  Let me go / I was never yours to begin with / Leave now and never return / Look away - You are not beautiful to me / I can't bare the sight of you / You make me sick to my stomach / Stop calling me / We have nothing to say to each other / Letters you write go into the garbage can / Stop following me / I've got no place to go / You're no longer in my life / And there's good reason for that

Verse 2:  When you speak, I tune your voice out / Scream as loud as you can / I will not hear you / I've got more important things to do / Than to waste time with the likes of you / You don't mean anything to me / How could you be foolish to believe that you do? / I would like to forget about you / But I can't because you haven't left yet

Verse 3:  Let me go / I was never yours to begin with / Your baggage weighs a ton / I won't carry it for you / Here's the simple truth you try to ignore / I do not love you and I never will

Bridge 1:  How heartless do you want me to be / Until you finally know the real me / You're pushing harder and more frequently / Even if you don't know what you're doing

Bridge 2:  Let me go / I was never yours to begin with / Leave now and never return

Chorus:  I'm not into playing head games / Don't you understand that you're driving me insane? / I never signed up for any of this / So take me off your list / And let me go

Written by B. (Tuesday, December 6, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

You Are Not The One

Verse 1:  Oranges are not the only fruit / This may be a shock to your system / But I guess we're back where we started / You're wounded and I'm holding the bow / It wasn't malicious intent on my part / But I hate to tell you / That 'I told you so'

Verse 2:  You can say you knew me / When we were close / Since then, we've grown apart / When only the memory remains / Feelings have dissipated / And emotions are remembered / I could have been crowned king for a day / Then I'd be a fool for a lifetime

Bridge:  Not all who wander are lost / I know what I'm searching for / This bridge, I must cross / Wrestling over tiny matters / Is what we'd do / If we stayed together / You've got to admit / That you are not the one for me

Chorus 1:  You are not the one / That I want to spend my life with / You are not the one / That I would die for / You are not the one / That I could open up to / You are not the one / That I love with everything in me / You are not the one

Chorus 2:  You are not the one / That I want to wake up next to / You are not the one / That I want to hold in my arms / You are not the one / That I want to grow old with / You are not the one / That I love with everything in me

Chorus 3:  You are not the one / That I want to spend my life with / You are not the one / That I love with everything in me / You are not the one

Written by B. (Friday, December 16, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Move Along

Verse 1:  Took the punches and beatings / Ran for dear life / Knocked on a neighbour's door / So I wouldn't sleep outside / The extension cord that left bruises on me / Was the same one used to plug in the fan / During a heatwave / Babysitter left, I dialled 9-1-1 / The authorities threatened to take me away / Parents came rushing home / And unleashed a punishment / That I could never forget / Even if I tried

Verse 2:  I was always distant form those around me / Unable to form a lasting connection / Years passed and I was still afraid / Of becoming more of myself

Verse 3:  I've known pain since I was a child / Innocence was stolen / Self-image was broken / Mother and father are nowhere to be found / My legacy will be controlled by me

Bridge 1:  I've known pain since I was a child / Innocence was stolen / Self-image was broken / Mother and father become my enemy / The queen and the king ruled in a burning castle

Bridge 2:  I've known pain since I was a child / Innocence was stolen / Self-image was broken / Mother was clueless, father was selfish / The queen ruled over the king / In a make believe empire

Bridge 3:  I've known pain since I was child / Innocence was stolen / Self-image was broken / Mother was angry, father was absent / The queen controlled every aspect of her domain / But now I'm the king of myself / I chose to move along

Chorus:  Not only was I remembering my past / I was haunted by it / The time came for me to move along / And I chose to without hesitation

Written by B. (Friday, December 9, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

The Terminator

Verse 1:  Thicken your lips / Bleach your skin / Buy your hair / You're still disgusting / Spray perfume / Wear make-up / Buy your ******** / You're still unappealing / You call yourself a 'Queen' / They call you a 'Queen' / But you hate yourself more than anyone else / And so you inflict misery upon others

Verse 2:  Countless men in jail / Countless men dead / Indifference prevails / You're disgusting / Being a member of a protected class / Means reality is optional / You're unappealing / You call yourself a 'Queen' / They call you a 'Queen' / But you're the least desired woman in the world / And so you inflict misery upon others

Bridge:  You fight in the streets / Like you're a wild beast / You have a tendency / To take things to the extreme / An increasingly number of people / Know how you operate / And they want nothing to do with you

Chorus:  You have the ability to wipe out / Everything in your presence / A dangerous alliance you have formed / With the one who thinks most like you / You've been designed to act a certain way / As the leaders, you always fail / You don't realize your brains are fried / You're overly emotional / This is the life of a terminator

Written by B. (Thursday, June 19, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

A Place To Stand

Verse 1:  I'm looking for a place to stand / I've been sitting down for much too long / As a result, my *** is sore / I don't mean to get in anyone's way / I thought that somebody could help me / But it turns out I was wrong / Down where I've been is not where anybody should be / For a long period of time / The air is not as clean, people look down upon you / Your sanity slowly drifts away

Verse 2:  I'm looking for a place to stand / It's not as easy as it sounds / But I am not going to give up / There's a location where I'll be able to strive for excellence / I'll keep searching for it until the day I die / Down where I've been is not where anybody should be / For a long period of time / You become stressful, worn out and easily upset / Confusion slowly invades your mind

Verse 3:  I know I could never be a perfect person / I just want to be the best I can be / If I don't stand and take control of my life / I will not have much to live for / I promised myself that I would give my all / Whenever I had to get something done / I will live up to my word / I won't let myself down / I'm looking for a place to stand

Bridge:  I'm looking for a place to stand / I don't mean to get in anyone's way / Down where I've been is not where anybody should be / The air is not as clean / People look down on you

Chorus:  All I really want is a place to stand / I know that I can be strong / Given the chance, I can be more productive / I'm sure there's a place out there

Written by B. (Friday, June 21, 2002) Copyright 2002

• Members

Untitled

Verse 1:  Deliver it to me in high dosages / It's the only thing I'll ever need / It may feel good going down / Or it may hurt like hell / But I don't care / I want to flow like a river / I want to be in living colour / I want to be natural and whole again / Wrap all of me into the present / And let the present be solidifying

Verse 2:  It can't be kept away from me / Like water, I need it in abundance / I'll search high and low / I'll search far and wide / I'll go inside and outside of everything / Cycles of imbalances / Like fighting with ghosts and monsters / It may hurt like hell / But I'm going to win / Roll me up in my surroundings / And let them lead me into new phases

Bridge:  It could all disappear / Perhaps it's meant to be that way / But I'll hold onto it for as long as I can

Chorus:  The language we all speak / The joyful and cathartic moments generated from it / What we believe in, what we aspire to be / Connections to the past, destinations to the future / Beauty in a multitude of forms / Music for me, music for you / Music for all who breathe / A love affair of various kinds / Connections to the past, destinations to the future / Beauty in a multitude of forms

Written by B. (Friday, January 2, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Untitled

Verse 1:  You're flaky / You don't know what you want / You present yourself as being a person of fun / Then you back away when things begin to progress / Disappointment is what you leave behind / You're oblivious to how you make others feel / If you were aware, you still wouldn't care / Your general attitude is laissez-faire / This is who you are / This is who you'll always be

Verse 2:  You can make all the plans you want / They rarely come to fruition / If you decide on doing something / It ends up being nothing / Nothing seems to bother you / You're always in a neutral mood / You can make others want you more / When you give less than what they expect / This is who you are / This is who you'll always be

Bridge:  Show more of yourself / Give more of yourself / Everything around you could use a touch of you / If you hide more of yourself / If you give less of yourself / Everything around you will be further away 

Chorus:  It's not surprising to know / You're from a podunk town / In a podunk town it's difficult to dream / Dream about adventure, dream about excitement / Time is rarely on anybody's side / You live your live the best way you know how / Controlling your fate is simply innate

Written by B. (Monday, June 16, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Untitled

Verse 1:  Jesus loves all the ******* / From Cairo to San Francisco / He'll reach out and pull you through / The perversity of your mind / And wrap his arms around you / Like a father embraces his child / With strength and a deep sense of protection / He never wants to see you cry / Doubt like a bed that rocks in the night / While you're trying to sleep / Doesn't stop or reduce the intensity of the dilemma / It bites and it tugs / Leaving no clear idea of where this may lead to

Verse 2:  Out of pages, out of mouths / You're the source of controversy / Like a needle weaving tales of seduction and betrayal / You're a victim and a villain all at once / Your eyes never lie / So we fixate on them / Knowing all that you are is our mandate / A wink, a stare, and a preference for all things bare / Is how your true nature will be revealed / In a climate of fear and fascination / You're in the spotlight / Whether you like it or not

Verse 3:  Bold and brazen like there's no care in the world / You air your grievances in public spaces / With speeches and signs carefully crafted for maximum exposure / Days of loneliness and fear are in the rear view mirror / As you focus on victory / But not all have bitten the fruit of liberation / So they live half-lives / In accordance with the social order / Forever a caterpillar and never a butterfly

Chorus:  There are those who tell you to practice safe religion / To protect yourself from the world / But like everything in life, nothing is guaranteed / You can chant and you can pray / Even three times a day / To cleanse your heart of indecent desire / And not become infected with shame and despair

Written by B. (Tuesday, June 30, 2015) Copyright 2015