Your daily (or nightly) thought

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Once a year, every year, I reread The Little Prince and manage to find in it new layers of loveliness and wisdom each time, always seemingly written to allay whatever my greatest struggle at that moment is. It is a special book, yes, but it is not singular in being a testament to something I have long believed: that great children’s books transcend both age and time. They are exquisite distillations of philosophies for living, addressing in the language of children — which is the language of absolute sincerity, so countercultural in our age of cynicism — the deepest, most eternal truths about what it means to live a meaningful, beautiful, inspired, noble life. Although written with children in mind, they speak to the eternal child that each of us lives with and answers to, but often neglects — something Antoine de Saint-Exupéry knew and articulated beautifully in dedicating The Little Prince to the little boy inside his grown-up best friend.

• Members

Believe it or not... I still haven't decorated for Christmas. I've been so busy with raising a puppy and everything... that the whole apartment is a mess and I was scared to decorate... afraid that our dog will start destroying the tree. BUT Tomorrow I am saving Christmas and decorating. Nothing will stop me.