Gulf Spill: Fisherman's Wife Tells Venice, LA Residents to Evacuate

bellcurve

• Members

Has anyone heard of this woman? I just found out who she(Kindra Arnesen) was last night thanks to a friend who sent this to me via The 'Book. This woman's first hand accounts highlighting alot of my worst fears regarding this spill(the health/environmental effects being the major one), and even accusations of government corruption/coverup and BP putting on a show for the media and not cleaning it up. This lady reminds me alot of Karen Silkwood. I pray she doesn't meet the same fate as her.

Jun. 26 2010 - 9:37 am | 758 views | 0 recommendations | 0 comments

Gulf coast resident: BP looking to ‘cut costs’, put on show for politicians

By STEPHEN C. WEBSTER

Here’s video of a single testimony given at an emergency citizens summit in Louisiana on June 19.

This is by far the most stunning coverage of the Gulf oil crisis I’ve seen yet.

Her name is Kindra Arnesen, a fisherman’s wife from Venice, Louisiana. She was the source of a riveting CNN piece on June 3 and a May 13 blog by the National Resources Defense Council.

If you missed both of those, stop whatever you are doing — right now — and give this woman 15 minutes of your time.

As if all that is not bad enough … Guess what else is brewing in the Gulf.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would they run the risk of taking the cap OFF of the well causing more crude to gush if the solution is as simple as building another one and placing it on the broken well? If the cap gets broken off, top it with another one already made. This makes me believe, as Arnesen pointed out, that BP is worried about cutting costs and corners. I even agree with her in believing that BP and the Feds want this to happen for their own special interests. Sad, sad indeed.

Sylph, also, have you heard about crops in Mississippi being damaged by what people fear is acid/toxic rain? This video from an affiliate down there says nothing with respect to the oil spill or linking the two together, but it doesn't take a botanist to figure out what the news was hypothesizing.

ETA "This Video..."

And as I said before, a hurricane cloud that sucks up that stuff(not the crude, but the toxins in the oil and especially the chemical dispersants that they used to break they oil into plumes) and makes it way to land could poison, damage, or affect the environment/crops/water supply of other nearby Southern states(i.e. Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North/South Carolina, etc.) or anywhere else that storm system decides to go. That's been my concern since day one and no one, other than this lady, has yet to highlight that this goes way beyond a Hurricane Katrina situation.

The mainstream media will never profile Arnesen's story or people like her(unless they make her look like some wackjob, like they do with the 9/11 truthers) because they're in BP's pockets with all of these ads they are shoving down our throats 24/7 about BP's Ongoing "Effort" to clean up the Gulf.

I know people are sick of hearing about the spill and are asking, "What are you doing about it?" Really, what can you do at this point? The wheels have been set in motion. The only thing to do is sit and hope that this isn't gonna be as bad as people predict it will be.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived