2006 Oscar Season Begins!

Adam

• Members

Well this week we see the Golden Globe nominations released and a bunch of critics associations and other precusor award winners announced. Some of the big films generating buzz to be among the contenders are the Johnny Cash bio-pic Walk The Line starring Joaquin Phoenix and Johnny Cash and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter... the Rob Marshall directed film Memoirs of a Geisha based on the NY Times bestseller and Brokeback Mountin staring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger as two gay cowboys who fall in love on a ranch in the 60's (have definately gotta see that one) It is looking to be a year of strong performences by actors as well. As a movie fan I always get giddy at this time of year. I have seen Walk The Line and my god this coming from a non-country music fan it was brilliant. Reese and Joaquin were marvelous and sang in the film too sounded exactly like the real life people they were portraying. Both are gonna get nominated for sure. Share your own oscar thoughts and movies this season you've seen and think will be in the running....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived