ALL Crossovers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On Sheila's last day on Y&R initially, she called Eric for a job...so he appeared. But I think that was it.

By the way, the evolving list will be kept here, and I won't repost it on SON until it is "stable". It is still unordered/undated...that will come later.

• Members

It's actually bigger than that! I just updated the original entry to show this.

Because AW had a bunch of spinoffs and cross-overs, AW, Y&R, B&B, GL, ATWT, Lovers and Friends, For Richer For Poorer, Somerset and Texas all take place in the same universe!

When I get a chance, I'm going to go back and briefly document the radio cross-overs (which expands the universe a bit more). I remember reading in Worlds Without End that there was a period where multiple shows (I think Irna's but I'm not sure) all would reference common events. I'll find the quote and post it in this thread later.

ETA: The Bell-P&G tie is nice, because Bill Bell worked as a writer on AW, GL and ATWT. So it reflects his own shared universe. Because Agnes Nixon was at AW, GL, ATWT, it is too bad that not ONE little tie could be made between ABC and P&G to bridge the universes. Same with DOOL and Y&R....

Is it true that when AW was cancelled, before deciding to bring back Gretel "Rae" Cummings, ABC first wanted to license her "Felicia Gallant" character from P&G? That would have been so cool!!!

• Members

Some more:

Cesar Faison, a villain presumed dead on GH turned up alive on Loving and menaced... Ava, I think.

Dara Jensen from GH appeared several times on Port Charles, and was established as cousin to Jamal Woods, a PC regular. She did some lawyer work and even was spoken to about the vampires by Jamal and Alison.

Alexis Davis from GH appeared on Port Charles to legally represent... I think Frank Scanlon, in a case.

Justus Ward from GH appeared on Port Charles in another legal case.

Katherine Bell jumped from GH to PC during a Nurses Ball storyline to plot with Eve Lambert against Lucy Coe.

GH's Amy Vining appeared on Port Charles at Mary Scanlon's engagement party or wedding shower before Mary married Victor.

Mary Scanlon from PC originally appeared on GH before PC debuted to establish the Scanlon family in Port Charles and set up a romance with Mike Corbin.

Mike Corbin from GH recurred on PC in the early days, dating Mary Scanlon and running the Recovery Room bar. I think that was while Sonny was off GH (1997-1998), so Mike had minimal ties to GH's canvas at the time.

• Members

Victor Collins appeared on GH first, before being crossed over to PC with Kevin and Lucy for its debut.

While PC was still on the air, Scott Baldwin crossed back over to GH as a series regular in 2001. Serena recurred on GH and PC at that point.

After PC was cancelled, Lucy and Kevin appeared on GH for Lila Quartermaine's funeral.

• Members

Soap crossovers FASCINATE me--I became hooked as a kid on Loving, a show I literally had never heard of before, when AMC did their Ceara/Jeremy crossover in late 91 and then the following year did their epic Carter Jones crossover event (which was done much better than the AMC/OLTL babyswitch)

I even collected a bunch of the crossover episodes of Irna Phillips radio soaps which she did many times--first in the late 30s when a character from Guiding Light was spun off into the even bigger radio hit Right to Happiness (which never made it to tv oddly).

Archived