Y&R: Week of July 07, 2008

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely 100% agree. It was the FIRST time I started to warm to Amelia Heinle. She's been growing on me, but I actually *enjoyed* both women in their fight yesterday. Having the history of this once-close friendship behind them (all off camera, but still...) makes the rift even more deeply felt for me. But I loved their heat.

• Members

Wow, I was shocked that Amber admitted to Daniel that she slept with someone else. And while faster pace is good, I would have liked Amber keeping this and building up tension on it. Someone else (Phyllis?) finding out and maybe blackmailing Amber or something. Secrets are what make good soap opera!

But okay, I hate Amber and Daniel, so I hope he doesn't forgive her! I hope she hooks up with Adrian and they leave town together. Daniel needs someone his own age (like many of others in Genoa City). I hate how Lily forgave Cane right away, so I hope it doesn't happen with Damber...

• Members

It would have been great if she had kept it a secret longer, but for some reason I feel it's better this way. It shows that Amber is now more mature than ever (it's about time!) and that she really must love Daniel. I like those two together, but I feel like they haven't done much new since they hooked up (not counting Korbel).

• Members

I just hate how she started her little confession speech by saying that it's basically Daniel's fault because she saw that photo of him and that girl... Um, Amber, it's all your fault. There is no excuse to sleep with someone else while you're dating someone.

Yes, I don't like Amber... :)

• Members

I never liked her either, but since that Marina fiasco ended she had been tolerable. But I do agree it's all her fault. She can't handle a few weeks without her boyfriend. However, it's not her fault Phyllis constantly tried to sabotage her getting in contact with Daniel.

• Members

Okay, sure.. I'll admit that Phyllis holds some part of responsibility, and maybe if Phyllis didn't meddle in, Amber would not have slept with Adrian. But, it did happen and I hope Daniel hates Amber after this... :D

PS I have no idea what Marina fiasco you're talking about, since I started watching Y&R like 3 weeks ago for the first time in years.

• Members

Amber was banned at Jabot, but she wanted to enter the Fresh Faces of Jabot competition, so she got a wig and a fake mole and dressed up as Marina. It's one of Lynn Marie Latham's stories. <_<

• Members

The ending of the fiasco was during Maria & Josh's tenure... I didn't watch it before either. I just couldn't. But most of the LML mistakes have been fixed by now.

Bring on July/August! :)

• Members

I agree with you. Kept secrets are the most important ingredient of soaps, and they are underplayed these days.

HOWEVER, in this case, I like that they're going a different route. I DON'T KNOW where this is headed, and that is even better.

Me (because I love Daniel and Amber), I think I'd like to see it go this way: Daniel and Amber break up, but they year for each other. Still, they have to be apart for a while. WHY? Because Amber blames PHYLLIS for creating the conditions that led to the breakup. (She did...with that screenshot). And Amber decides to TAKE THE B*TCH DOWN! What better way to do that? Well...pull a Grace and seduce Nicholas "Boner" Newman.

Amber has a vindictive streak. She buried Ridge and Bridget in an icy pit just to screw with Ridge for breaking up her relationship with Thomas. Ridge is NOT a worthy adversary.

Phyllis is.

Phyllis, having lost Nick, WOULD BE THE BEST B*TCH ON DAYTIME AGAIN. (sorry for shouting)

• Members

First the bold part... OMG! :o She did that?! She's a crazy bitch!!! Genoa City is clearly very generous on letting ex-loons stay there and live happily ever after being everyone's best friend (Phyllis, Kevin, Jana, Amber...) Does Genoa City have the most ex-loons/turned goody-goody than any other soap town??

Anyway, yes, I would love to see Amber vs Phyllis, but only if Phyllis will win and Amber would go crazy and die or end up in a looney bin... :D

Archived