AMC RUMOR

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is just a really stupid move, if it's true. I've been kind of suspicious why they've been using Jill Larson so much lately. If this is true, B&E's thinking was probably to dust a recurring beloved but expendable character off the shelf, give her a decent amount of airtime with a story, not to mention a house of her own, thus making us care about her, and thus heightening the emotional stakes when they inevitably kill her off. I love Opal and Jill Larson. I know it's a cliche, but I would rather watch Opal read the phone book for an hour than watch an action-packed hour of the malignant, tedious Rylee/Aidan/Zendull crap. Jill is one of daytime's best recasts EVER, and a real team player. Killing her would be just another nail in the coffin. Frons, JHC, and B&E just can't help themselves, can they?

• Members

Bad move. Jill should be on contract if anything with this recent story heating up. They must be forgetting how Jill sucesfully took on a role that was once though un-recastable, and not onyl that, garnered an emmy nom for it in her first year.

With Eileen in poor health, Lee as Ruth just a terrible arrangement, Jill is in the spot to become the real matriarch on the show. Opal was always more of a mother to Erica than just a friend. She is so caring and compassionate, and lets face it, a real scene stealer. Don't make us loose all this for a stupid gimmick.

Plus Jenny need's to know just how crazy her grandma is:

CortlandtO13.jpg

Opal's death just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The story is too much like Chloe Morgan's death on GH.

• Members

I love Opal but I've seen in several places now that she will be killed off the show!! I hate to see her go. I wish it was Erica they were killing off instead!! Opal at least adds something of value to the show!!

Archived