I am in the new Soap Opera Digest

• Members

Hey everyone!

Well I was away this weekend (my computer has been in the shop for pretty much the entire month but it is BACK and working!) in Las Vegas with my wife and family and unfortunately lost all my money (well not all of it but the one I gambled with at the blackjack tables). Anyways, I came back yesterday and go to the grocery store to read the new Digest and, low and behold, a letter of mine is there! So for anyone who is interested in reading it, it's in the issue dated 10/30/07 and has Y&R on the cover saying "Tragedy Rocks Young & Restless....WHO WILL DIE?" My letter is in the section "It's Only My Opinion" and in the letter, I blast Carolyn Hinsey for her comments over Jax's rape

Be sure to check it out! :) If you would rather I type up the letter here, this is what it looks like (for the most part):

"You actually had the nerve to say that what happened to Jax on GH is not rape and that men can't be raped [by women]? Tell that to all of the children who have been raped by priests; they would slap you silly. If that had come across my desk at Digest, I would fire you on the spot. How dare you make that comment and then not expect people to get upset. You owe the readers an apology."-Jason, via the internet

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Ron...it's actually been the third time that b1tch has printed a letter of mine in her column (the first one was regarding her insults against AMC and the second was about her plastic surgery comments...like who cares if actors get plastic surgery? Doesn't she have a life of her own to worry about?) Anyways, I edited my post and typed up the letter.

Hinsey is also very predictable....what she tends to do is post letters from people calling her out on her sh1t, which there is plenty of since let's face it she could not write an opinion column to save her life (Soapboy's columnists at SoapTownUSA blow hers out of the water), and then a few weeks later she posts a letter from someone rebutting the initial letter she posts. So I am sure in a few weeks a letter will appear saying that what I said was wrong and blah blah blah....she can do it all she wants. I don't care anymore.

I haven't purchased that magazine in a long time and now I won't ever purchase it again after Carolyn Fatsey's comments over the rape..she can relay the situation on GH to any paralegal, pre law graduate, politician, or lawyer in the country. They all will say that what Kate did to Jax IS RAPE! and that MEN can get raped! It happens almost every day in our prisons for crying out loud...men rape each other like crazy in your Andersonville or San Quentin

• Members

I saw that letter and the woman who wrote it is as clueless as Fatsey....you do not need to be drugged to be raped and what Kate did to him constitutes as rape. It's very simple-She threatend him with blackmail and made sure it would be reality if he did not have sexual intercourse with her. It was against his will since he was threatened into doing it and all rapes constitute a threat of violence or happen with violence already...the survivor only submits to stop the abuse whether it is psychological or physical and do not consent to anything since it is not done as romance or pleasure

• Members

It was Irina not Kate! Unless I missed something and Kate raped him to. I have been FF alot.

I was going to write something at one point to but then I forgot. I was going to say something along the lines of furthering male victims of rape to be further victimize and to feel they can't seek help or file a report because people like her insist that male rape can not happen.

• Members

Well, to break it down, he might as well have been raped, because he didn't want to do it, and only did it to save Carly's life. But you can't compare that to prison rape. Yes, men can be raped; they can have anal sex against their will. But in the Jax and Irina situation, Jax had to have had an erection to have sex with Irina. sorry for being graphic :)

• Members

But the reason some people aren't buying it as rape, is not because they don't think men can be raped, but they don't think the male is getting raped if he is actually the one doing the penetrating. And that is what happened with Jax and Irina. And I understand their point.

Archived