The Fate of ATWT, With Input From Ellen Dolan & Michael Park

• Members

Yes the ratings would be lower, but just think about it. The production costs would be nil because they already have the footage and I highly doubt royalties would be all that much for the actors involved with the show. So why not? They would receive a bit more profit from even lower production costs and we get to see GOOD drama for a change. It's a win-win situation.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think what the poster was trying to say is that if a soap is cancelled and not replaced with anything else, it DOES hurt the industry, and I'm in complete agreement with that.

I don't think it hurts the industry to replace soaps with a new soap or cross one over from one network to another, but to give that time back to the affiliates instead of adding a new soap(even one like CITY or BEACH with a mostly younger cast) does hurt the industry.

It hurts the actors in daytime who prefer working in daytime and have to lose their jobs and compete in a shrinking job market.

It hurts the writers who lose their jobs and have to compete with up and coming talent that want gigs and the veteran peeps that are clinging onto dear life for their jobs.

And most importantly, it hurts the fans who suffer from a lack of options. It's bound to happen, but I don't want to imagine a world with just Y&R, B&B, GH, and OLTL/AMC hybrid. How boring would THAT be?

Archived