DAYS: Friday, Oct. 5

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK this wasn't a bad episode per se, but not as good as the rest of the week and there were some LOL moments at the things that were bad.

OMG... Lucas actually didn't use Will to make Sami feel worse about what she was doing to their family so as to guilt her into being with him and actually supported her lies to their son for her sake and postponed their argument til he was gone so they could hash out their differences like adults without Will around. Who is this guy? I like him. A LOT. Way to stand up for yourself and I fully support you walking out on Sami right now. She is being super selfish expecting you to wait for her. You aren't making any claims about what Sami is doing to you in this episode Lucas and you aren't trying to pretend like you are the victim and you aren't whining, you are just being straight with Sami about how ridiculous she is being and calling her on her crap. Thank you, Lucas! LOL at "I didn't want to interrupt." And Sami is so self-absorbed and delusional thinking Lucas's mistrust of her is so off-base and unacceptable when Sami is the one who chooses to spend time with EJ and she is the one who chooses to lie to Lucas about things like the fact that EJ kissed her. Please let that be the Lumi kiss of death at the end of the episode.

And Will? I know the kid has been gone the whole summer but what an incredibly unrealistic most nonchalant reaction ever to his parents getting divorced and his mom marrying a guy that she claims to hate who she used to date and who Will had once worked really hard with his father to cockblock when he tried to put his moves on his mother before. Maybe Will is just too wrapped up in his teenage life to care? Or are we supposed to think Will in the back of his mind is excited about the prospect of Sami marrying EJ because he's thinking about the X-Box and cash that EJ gave him to try to win him over last spring so he is excited about having a rich step-dad he can manipulate into giving him stuff?

Ugh at the line from Adrienne to Belle about what else would you want from a man than that he could protect you and keep you safe? We get it DOOL! You think women = weak, stupid, fickle, crazy and men = strong, smart, true, in control. You really don't have to hit us over the head with this every episode. You just don't.

That said, I liked the Adrienne-Kayla stuff and I liked the Belle-Phillip stuff. Just when I think I've got Phelle totally out of my system they just have to give me a cute Phelle scene showcasing JKJ's dimples and I'm drawn back into these two all over again. Loved Belle's pep talk for Phillip.

Dear Ed Scott, I love everything you have brought to DOOL. That is everything except the red light at the Cheatin Heart that puts the distracting rosey tint on everything. I just wanna sing Adrienne... you don't have to put on a red light.

What was the point of Lauren again? Why is she so crazy? Why is she back in Salem? Will we ever know who poisoned Pocket and why? Was it Andre? Never mind, I don't care because she kicked Shawn's ass by shoving him into that wall. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Sorry, Shawn getting the crap kicked out of him by middle-aged men and 100-pound women never gets old for me. Ugh but now we have the resurgence of roid rage Phillip who must be jealous that Shawn got a chance to rough up Lauren so now it's his turn. These boys must miss Willow real bad. Wow Lauren's tumble down the stairs was really done well from a production standpoint.

The highlight of today was definitely the Kayla-Stefano showdown. Kayla really had a lot of interesting things to say today talking about what a messed up father Stefano was in making Andre a monster and screwing up Benjy by making him so scared of him and desperate for his approval. But Kayla that's pretty dumb of you to go bragging about how you almost pulled the plug on Stefano when you were in Italy. Guess you didn't learn the lesson the last time you threw that in a DiMera's face. Sorry, Bradys, it's hard for me to feel bad for you when the DiMeras do crap to you when you are just so damn smug about your ineffectualness, excuse me, righteousness. I love that Stefano just laughed at her and the angry piano music they played.

Today's Great Moments in DOOL Continuity Idiocy:

-How did Bo have a flashback to what was happening at the pub when he wasn't there? LOL. That has to be the funniest post-JER flashback by far, if not the funniest DOOL flashback I can ever remember. They really couldn't come up with any better filler than THAT?

-Why is Shawn still in the hospital with his back burn thing from a day or two ago when Lucas was shot in the leg and doesn't even have crutches or a limp that I can tell and Steve was already released from his treatment for the stabbing?

Overall a generally good week, an OK cliffhanger if only a meh Friday episode. Looking forward to another thrilling week next week.

• Members

Word. Ugh ugh ugh. Sheffer, don't write women. Just let someone else do it. You can't do it. So stop. Just stop.

And relatedly, I am not at all surprised that the last time Hope was in an A story, she was getting rescued by Bo from Patrick, and from then on Sheffer keeps her in the basement until her next cameo in an A story in which she is, shock of shocks, getting rescued by Bo from Andre. The woman is a goddamn cop, you moron.

Hah, I didn't even notice that. Say no to flashbacks from last week, period.

People's tenures in the hospital have been really really wonky, people with serious injuries are out in no time and people with scratches just languish there.

Very meh for a Friday cliffhanger IMO.

• Members

I have been very good at TRYING to avoid spoilers so I don't know if Will's statement means anything or not, but it seemed very random. Which makes me think it may have some meaning; I guess we'll wait and see.

ETA: Will's appearance at the hospital was very strange. How did he know to go there? Has Sami filed change of address forms since she seems to be spending all her time at the hospital now? How was he getting home? Why was he so calm about his mom's decision to divorce his dad? Was I hearing things or did he call Roman "Gramps"? And the biggest question of all--why didn't they recast Will during this time he was away?

• Members

Not even the awesome new producers and directors could keep those scenes from falling flat because of that. I feel bad for the kid, but I'm sorry... it's time to cast somebody who could REALLY be the son of Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady. Will SHOULD be a central character down the line (if Days stays on the air), and it's time to take some action.

Just my opinion...

• Members

As long as Christopher Gerse is in the role I don't want him to be a central character, but you are right that somewhere down the line if the show lasts beyond 2009 they should build a new teen set around a recast Will Roberts (or will he be changing his name to Horton, too?). In the current incarnation I am fine with Will just going off to camp indefinitely or his new step-dad sending him off to boarding school.

• Members

Phillip and Belle are just adorable together..I love JkJ, he's such a cutie..I liked the watch stuck in the hair scene...

Also Kayla and Stefano rocked, the rest of the show was just okay..I'm really looking forward to next week though..Should be very exciting..

• Members

I was almost surprised to read the posts about people not caring much for Bo/Hope, but enjoying their recent scenes: then I remembered that the characters were on the pathetic and annoying side for a good while. If it's true that Sheffer's been watching episodes from the 80s, it seems to be helping - especially with Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla, Tony and Stefano. He seemed to get Stefano first, then Bo/Hope, Steve and finally Kayla (hard to say with Tony since he's not been on enough to really know). I seriously think seeing these characters act more like "themselves" has been a big part of why I've been liking the show better - and I hope he gets Marlena "fixed" and if John is staying, same for him.

The pull the plug discussion between Kayla and Stefano - foreshadowing, a threat or both? Regardless I loved their conversation, especially the Benjy factor. Stefano seemed to take her seriously (a smart thing to do), so who knows. I totally wish he would have told her to blame Bo and Roman for the liver -- I mean why is everyone totally ignoring this fact? The way the Bradys throw around accusations, it sure would be nice to have someone pin their behinds to the wall for this one!! I also loved Stefano telling Kayla that even though the vendetta may be ending, he'll take pleasure going after Steve personally. I guess he meant he'd go after him without using violence?? I mean he just told EJ there could be no violence toward lucas since the vendetta was over; and neither are Bradys so it seems the terms wouldn't apply to them?

Lucas kissing Sami and saying goodbye (in a way that sounded final), didn't bother me, but it was a pretty crappy thing for him to pull. I mean let's add more stress to the already mega stressed woman, who btw just escaped a murder attempt, plus is near the end of her pregnancy. I'm sure he'll change his mind, meaning he should have kept his mouth shut and driven her home - but, for me, that's typical lucas.

Phillip is a cutie and I thought his scenes with Belle were very good. It still amazes me that these two click so well, and I like watching them with each other.

Another decent episode. A lot less intense, but still interesting.

Archived