Days:NBC Text Message spoilers

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got the idea that Colleen was from a previous generation, too, because of that spoiler that DOOL was casting kids to play Shawn and Stefano as if they were the same age.

I suppose a big Irish-Catholic family could have kids from a wide range of ages though and Santo could just be older than Colleen.

• Members

No. I don't think that's where they insinuating. Colleen was probably very much younger than Santo, but they fell in love anyway. Grandpa Shawn and Colleen's parents were probably livid with the age difference and wanted it stopped immediately. It's believable. Who knows how it came about. Colleen could have been working for the DiMeras as a housekeeper as a teenager and she and Santo fell in love and had an affair. I see nothing confusing about it.

• Members

Or maybe Santo raped Colleen, and Colleen decided that she wanted to give Santo another chance anyway (sound familiar? LoL) when he later professed his love, but her family wouldn't allow it. They planned to kill Santo, but accidentally killed Colleen instead, and thus the feud was born... with Santo vowing revenge for the Brady family taking his love away from him.

I dunno about y'all, but I would be much more interested in learning about a feud that began with Stefano -- a character we've known and seen -- than with two newly-created long-dead characters that we've never seen or heard of before until now. I mean, the Santo/Colleen thing is interesting, yes... but is it really strong enough to be the wrap-up of a 20+ years in the making storyline?

• Members

Ooooh. Teenage housekeeper going to work for the rich older guy. This all sounds very "Girl with the Pearl Earring" or "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" to me. I know the actual show won't be that interesting, but gosh I like wondering what they're going to do with it.

• Members

As an EJami fangirl I say yes absolutely. As a general Days fan... I don't know. I guess we'll see. The thing with having it Stefano-centered, to do a storyline like that justice IMO would have required Roman be a major part of this storyline. A Roman not played by Josh Taylor. And the show doesn't have that at their disposal. So far I am liking what we've seen so far of this. I'm going to be optimistic and wait to be pissed off later.

Archived