How I Met Your Mother

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

oh my GOD, I am COMPLETELY enamored of this show after watching just one episode earlier tonight. I can't believe I wrote it off as being 'another crappy CBS sitcom' after viewing the promos for its freshman season. This show is so soapy with twists and turns that you don't see coming and it's actually FUNNY, too!

I'm reading up on it at Wikipedia and am shocked at the things I see.

If any of you watch this show, PLEASE, tell me:

Do we know the identity of Ted's wife yet? Or has that not been revealed?

Also, who in the world could have guessed that "future Ted" is voiced by Bob Saget? That is so crazy and cool!!!

I LOVE this show!!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We don't know who Ted's wife is yet. In the first episode, we were lead to believe that it was going to be Robin, but then at the end of the episode...the voice of Bob Saget said: "And that...kids,....is how I met your.....Aunt Robin". And the kids went "AUNT ROBIN?!....EWWWW!!!!" :lol: Completely hilarious!

• Members

Thanks for the response, Rick and Actor.

But now here's my next comment: 1) The pilot episode ended with the reveal that Robin is not the wife. 2) The (only) episode I saw yesterday showed Ted going after Robin - again. And, after evidently dating her several times, insisting she's his wife-to-be. (It was the hitchhiker episode that originally aired in early May). So here's my question: the wife's not revealed yet, and viewers have had to labor through this on again/off again thing with Robin. Granted, I don't mind, but is that how all of you feel? That the real wife is worth the later reveal? Because if this were a soap, viewers would tune out, pissed off and LIVID that they know the 'answer' but writers are still forcing them to sit through over a TV season, and perhaps YEARS, before revealing the wife.

• Members

I think TPTB are taking a much more romantic approach to all of this. We know how much Ted loves Robin. We know that he thinks she hung the stars and the moon.

In another sense, no matter how big of a fan you are of the coupling of Ted and Robin, you KNOW that she's not going to be his wife. I think they're gradually showing us that Ted's love for his "wife" transcends everything he thought he knew about love from "Robin".

Do you get what I'm sayin'?!

• Members

I know I can't talk because I just saw one episode but they do have sort of a kindred spirits thing, don't they? And plus, we know that Lils has had doubts about marrying her fiancee. That 'seed of doubt' does seem like a precursor of things to come. After all, most scripted television follows a set pattern and not one piece of dialogue nor one situation is included unless it advances the plot. If that is true, then Lils' hesitation about going through with the wedding could mean she's not GOING to go through with the wedding. OMG, FORESHADOWING!!!$%#$%%% :wub:

Archived