ARTICLE: Mishael Morgan Calls Historic Daytime Emmy Win “Incredible” During Appearance on ‘The Talk’

• Webmaster
Mishael Morgan, Amanda Sinclair, The Young and the Restless, Young and Restless, Young & Restless, Y&R, #YR, #YoungandRestless, #TheYoungandtheRestless

Winning the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Performance in a Drama Series: Actress during Friday’s telecast of “The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards,” the first-ever by a Black actress, “The Young and the Restless” star Mishael Morgan appeared on the Monday, June 27 episode of “The Talk” to discuss her historic win, saying “it’s been incredible” since taking home the coveted statue.

Speaking with the show’s hosts, Morgan noted her win “means everything,” adding, “It means that my hard work has paid off. And I feel like, when I was a kid, my dad always told me, you need to be 10 times better because you’re black, just to be seen as equal. And I hope this step forward shows that we can be equal. We’re getting to a place where more of us can just be our best and that’s enough.”

When asked by Sheryl Underwood if she ever believed as a little girl that she’d be holding such an award, Morgan said, “When I was a little girl I was an immigrant, and that means that you need to pick a job and a dream that is stable, and I was going to be an attorney…and God intervened and I decided to become an actor and I didn’t understand why, and then, I really truly think it’s because storytellers, they have a way impacting and changing, influencing a world so much faster.” 

Following her big night, Morgan shared how she celebrated her win, telling Akbar Gbajabiamila, “A lot of alcohol was involved…had a little after party and a lot of pizza back the hotel room with a bunch of friends.”

Morgan’s appearance on the talk show concluded with a champagne toast by the show’s hosts celebrating her win.

Watch the full clip of Morgan’s appearance on “The Talk” below.

Note: The post Mishael Morgan Calls Historic Daytime Emmy Win “Incredible” During Appearance on ‘The Talk’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic