Options

• Webmaster

As some of you have noticed, I have de-activated the status updates feature on the SON Community. The feature isn't broken. I turned it off. I had previously warned people that abusing the feature as had been done would result in its removal and my warnings were ignored so the feature is gone.

I'm also further considering paring down the message boards and its capabilities since I've been getting nothing but complaints about things not working without being provided with ample time to look into fixing the matters, detailed reports on what the member/visitor was doing when they came across any problems, what version of the browser they were using when the problem happened, or any other information that would help us come to a workable solution. In fact, recent postings in an unrelated topic showed that some of those experiences were contained to a specific member as I had previously indicated. The complaints still persisted, however. Again, I can't fix problems when only one person is experiencing it, I'm sorry that isn't the answer some people would like to hear. 

Even though I have expressed that I am the primary person maintaining this website, that does not mean that additional support would solve anything if no further information is provided. Sending a screenshot of an error message in a status update with no details on where you came across said error or when it happened, what version of the browser you were using, etc. does nothing but cause conflict. It does not create solutions.

I'm going to remind everyone, again, that if you come across any problems with the message boards, or any aspect of Soap Opera Network's website, please email me at [email protected] with as much information as you can provide, and I will have these issue(s) looked into. I'd also like to have at least 7 days to work in tandem with our service providers (WordPress for our main website/IPB for our message boards) so that I can look into each inquiry and have each respective technical body of people look into possible solutions.

In the meantime, I am working on ways to once and for all solve the slowdowns that the site has experienced in recent weeks. This is solely due to a very large increase in page views on the main website, which impacts the boards on occasion. I hope to have this possible solution working by this time next week.

• Errol locked this topic
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic