DaytimeFan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Alright so Season 4 came to a close with a lot of loose ends...not least of which is who will lead the show if it returns for a fifth season given that Mark Schwahn was fired in the wake of misconduct allegations by much of the female cast, including Alexandra Park.

One of the actors confirmed that there had been a lot of plans for the entirety of the series to be told over five seasons and this season set down the groundwork for a conclusion based on that timeline. The problem is the show has yet to be renewed (or canceled) by E! so we'll see what gets resolved...I would like to see the show conclude properly.

This season was a marked improvement on Season 3 which I thought was just crap aside from the last episode. We had the welcome return of Dame Joan Collins as the Grand Duchess - which redeemed the character, though I think having her only appear in two episodes was poor - she could have been given a lot more. 

Most of the characters progressed very well. The stories went somewhere. The ratings, however, have really declined. A lot of that comes down to the decline of the Kardashians on E! and the erratic scheduling of the show. I would like to see it conclude with everything wrapped up.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Alas, E! has finally announced that The Royals has been cancelled.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-royals-canceled-e-after-4-seasons-series-eyed-pop-lionsgate-tv-possible-fifth-season-1202446031/

However, Lions Gate Television, the production company behind the show, is shopping it around to other networks, including Pop, which is a joint venture between CBS and Lions Gate. 

Archived