Y&R Set Design

• Members

It is rare we get detailed insight into set design.

Now, at this link, there are already pics of the ashram. Check out the Malibu backdrops (hills).

The site also promises the following:

Let me say, though, I personally feel cheated that they didn't actually GO to Malibu.

I also thought Daniel should have been wistful and said "Being here, back on these Los Angeles beaches, is filled with memories. This is where Lily and I ran away to when we were on the run". But that would require knowledge of history. I guess Daniel would have said it more like: "I'm kind of weirded out, being back here, where Lily and I went on the run."

I also expected Amber to say, "It feels funny being back in the State where I grew up. I need to go visit with my family. I lived here on the Malibu beach, in Taylor Forrester's house, for some time." And so forth.

If B&B can afford to go to the beaches with Marcus and Steffy, why not Y&R??

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could have even thrown in some L.A. memories on Lauren's part, since she lived there for several years and has been back to visit a few times since.

I wonder if the real Malibu ashram they used for reference might not have wanted them to film on site, or maybe might not have liked the way their lifestyle was portrayed in the scripts. Of course, then you might say why not just do a beach wedding. If it was just a wedding, that might work, but since they decided to use the guru to introduce Michael's father, that might not have worked as well.

• Members

As for the real Ashram...they could have done line B&B :). Throw sheets around pillars, and call it a cabana! I swear, on B&B, I thought I had seen higher production values in high school or experimental theater in Toronto. But I digress with my anger for another show...

Even if the Ashram was an indoor set (because, honestly, it is not such a bad one...lots of $$ for a short term set...some beach locations to augment would have been nice.

Archived