TVGC Suds Report

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then I guess you clearly did not read my response to your original question.

And just to further continue my well-written response: if there are people out there as offensive as branco, then there should people who should provide a rebuttal against him.

as for the luke/noah fans, maybe they should find something better to do with their "10 minutes" than complain about gay characters yet not care about the racism in daytime.

• Members

I'm not invested in ATWT in any way but as an outsider, it always annoys me how just because people stand up for one cause, they're accused of not caring about another. It's an argument that can be levelled at anyone who bothers to speak out about any specific issue. Someone protests about disability so they don't care about gay issues. Someone speaks out about gay issues so they don't care about race. One does not automatically suggest the other.

I think that racial representation in daytime is a travesty but I didn't realise there was a hierarchy of causes.

• Members

there is no heirarchy of causes, but don't you realize how blatantly biased glaad and the other vocal gay groups are?

glaad and the others complain because luke/noah (a couple that kissed many times previously) are not shown kissing since the camera pans away. they call this homophobic. yet when the exact same thing was done on queer as folk, where was the outcry for that? qyeer as folk would only pan the camera away when brian (white) would kiss his black lover. but every other episode showed brian kissing his white lovers onscreen. where was glaad then? why wasn't there an intense campaign against the discrimination towards lgbt people of color? it appears like glaad only cares about white people of color.

Archived