U.K. writer, Darren Star team up

Sylph

• Members

U.K. writer, Darren Star team up

Duo to create new show for Fox

Primetime's British invasion continues, as U.K. scribe Anthony Horowitz is developing a project with Darren Star for Fox about an Albanian police officer who moves to the U.S.

Fox has given a script commitment plus penalty to the hourlong, tentatively titled "Raffik." Fish-out-of-water drama contains a large dose of comedy as the police officer falls in love with American culture -- to the bemusement of his new L.A. partners. Project comes from Sony Pictures TV, where Horowitz previously sealed a blind script deal.

Horowitz has enjoyed a successful career in Britain; his projects there include the "Poirot" franchise (seen on A&E in the U.S.), "Murder in Mind" and "Foyle's War" (run here on PBS).

In film, Horowitz's credits include "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker," "Diamond's Edge" and "The Gathering." As for Star, who's behind the upcoming ABC entry "Cashmere Mafia," his busy development slate includes "Literary Superstar" at ABC and Showtime's "Nighty Night."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Star but this sounds so not his thing--but I think Horowitz is by far the best adapter of the Christie stories (barring that late 70s Edge of Night scribe who did a killer job with last year's Orient Express computer adventure game) and Foyle was brilliant. So... it doesn't really sound like my kinda show but sounds worth watching. but like most pilot info leaked this far in advance ( ayear or so) it prob will never happen

Archived