[Hollyoaks] In The City

UKBoi

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you love Lisa now, you'll be head over heels by the end of the series. She goes through a lot of changes that really make her a great character, especially when she lost her way towards the end of her Hollyoaks run and the first Ben/Lisa spinoff, Let Loose.

The main Hollyoaks series airs 5 nights a week at 6.30pm. It's been running for over ten years now and attracts a far lower audience than the rest of the soaps but it's on a smaller channel and at a much earlier timeslot.

Ben and Lisa were in Hollyoaks for a good 4 or 5 years, which is a lot for someone in Hollyoaks as it has a very fast cast turnover, not so much lately but it used to in the past, and towards the end of their run they became a couple, which wasnt met well by a lot of fans but TPTB liked it and gave them their own spinoff (or two, to be precise).

I hope it does well in the US. It was a great little show with a real cult following over here. And it's full of skinning to the extent that it makes Passions look conservative. Although I'm guessing U.S. censors will edit out a lot of it.

• Members

Thanks for that info! Shame they couldn't start with the first spin-off or go the extra mile and show Hollyoaks! As for nudity, they allow boobs and butts and all swear words except "F*ck." My biggest complaint would be how much they seem to cut out of shows. Footballers Wives: Overtime was expanded to 45 minutes for the second season, but it is cut down to 20 here. From Wikipedia I see In the City was also 45 minutes, but they air it in an hour which means less it cut.

They usually have no problem cutting their soapy shows, but always expand for those procedural crime shows. They even cut around 10 minutes from Life on Mars, but On Demand shows the episodes in full.

Archived