GH: Juliexis interview praising Jelly

• Members

This is from Michael Logans interview with them on his tv insider website.

Which were all led by men. So, then, it’s a sexist thing?
Grahn:
 Maybe. Then again, I work really well with Patrick Mulcahey, who is one of my favorite writers, and I can communicate with him like gangbusters. I think it was more of a personality thing.
deVry: The female characters on GH have become way more interesting since Jean and Shelly came along.
Grahn: It’s as if the women are now being lifted up.
deVry: The show is less plot-driven, more character-driven.
Grahn: Our brains are being acknowledged. The stories have become more real and less cartoony.

Grahn: ha ha very funny. The reason I don’t snoop is that I’m very happy with our new headwriters, Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman. I feel they’re looking out for me. If I have a problem, I can go to them and have a reasonable conversation, and that’s the first time that’s happened since I’ve been at GH, except for when Megan McTavish was head writer. She also wanted an open line of communication. That was not the case with me and the past few writing regimes.

Omg I loved this interview and how Julian and Alexis are featured. It's great stuff and I love the pimping of smarttv.character driven, show driven by women. This is just awesomesauce.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They did?  I can't think which, certainly not weepy Anna, housewife Carly, or back to 2006 Sam or Liz.

I also find it just flat out wrong that a soap written by women is something inherently more desirable.    If there was ever a writer who wrote a smart soap it was Henry Slesar.   Henry doesn't sound like a girl's name to me.      deVry is trying to imply that women write female characters better.   There is nothing in writing anywhere to indicate that is true or that the reverse is true.   He is just pandering to superficial faux-feminism saying something that sounds like something you should say to sound enlightened.    There is sexism in this quote, just not the way deVry or the interviewer is intending.  

Archived