Netflix: Jessica Jones

YRBB

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm up to episode 5 and loving the show.

Krysten Ritter was very dear to ever since I saw her on "Veronica Mars," "Gilmore Girls," and "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23," and she fit nicely as Jessica Jones.

I saw some complaining about the choices for other regular roles, but they're all doing a good job as far as I'm concerned.

And a big "About time!" to the news of renewal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Only seen up to episode 2 and really enjoying it so far. Kilgrave is really scary to me, even though we've barely seen him lol. Maybe it's because of that. I don't know what's going on with Trish, but it's intense. And I'm very interested in what they do with Jeri. So far, Carrie Ann Moss has just been utterly fabulous and beautiful, with a little bit of a story. I wonder if they do more. And yay at Gifted Cage and Gifted Jones lighting up the screen with their chemistry.

• Members

Up to episode 6. I did not expect them to reveal that Jones killed Reva so soon to Cage but I suppose that's what made it even more exciting. Kilgrave is a genuinely creepy muthafucka. Simpson and Trish are adorable. The guy playing Simpson is all kinds of yummy (not surprised -- he's Australian. It seems all that country can do is make tall, beautiful, muscular men). It was so sad to see how Jones was before the rapes and Kilgrave's control. Really telling of the effects it had on her. Shocking that Shlottman was carrying Kilgrave's baby. Ew. And I'm interested in seeing what Hogarth will get out of keeping the fetus.

• Members

It was such a great twist that Luke was under Kilgrave's control, and he and Jones fighting was thrilling. I also LOVED the unexpected episode-long appearance by Claire, as well as the subtle mentions of Daredevil. The final confrontation between Kilgrave and Jones, where he makes Trish his slave and Jones snaps his neck, was amazing. What a great season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived