Help me pick up an international soap

Chris B

• Members

Who were the older people? Were they Roy and Hayley? Those are just friends (at one time they were foster parents to Fiz, but back then she was nasty and lied to the foster people that Roy made a pass at her).

Fiz and Chesney were born to Cilla and a man who was never on the show. Cilla was a very, very hard-edged woman, she spent of her time trying to con people out of money. She had no real use for Fiz and Fiz spent most of her childhood in care. She was closer to Chesney, but ultimately left the family for good to go work in Vegas. She returned briefly for a straight to DVD thing where she got Fiz and Chesney to help her and her new husband try to win money in some South African Happy Family contest. At the end, Chesney realized she was lying to them again and busted her to the judges. At the end she was alone again but had become a big talk show name.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been since 2004 I believe since BBCA stopped showing Eastenders. I get confused because for a while they were showing it pay-per-view in some cities so the date changes depending. And I'm sure we were about a year behind so I'm sure it has changed a lot since then.

Don't judge me! I've made my choices. While I enjoyed the week of Corrie, it didn't wow me and combined with he reviews I'm going to pass. I've decided to stick with Emmerdale which was well-produced and seems to have a very good cast. The guys look good, lots of ages were represented and it reminds me of an American soap in many ways. My second soap is....Hollyoaks! I battled with this one, but I couldn't quit it. I'm sure this new writer will annoy me again and I'll stop watching, but I'm going to give it another chance. I'm going to pick up after Hollyoaks Later, which I watched after the raves for Sarah's death. I just can't quit characters like Cindy, Jacqui, Carmel, Mercedes, Calvin, Sasha, Gilly and my fave Will. Speaking of Gilly, I watched an entire episode and didn't realize it was him until someone said his name at the end. It was the haircut.

• Members

I'm trying to get back into Hollyoaks, all the new characters, and the characters who stayed around being some I did not care for, makes it hard, and the stories seem all over the place, but as you said, it's hard to give the show up entirely. I'm glad they have kept Ste around, and it seems like they are also reforming another of their chav types, Gaz. It's interesting because a lot of soaps will just write the villain off when his terror is complete. I guess the show knows not to waste good actors, since they're not easy to find, as some other casting has proven.

This is Charity's exit from Emmerdale, in 2005.

Archived