December 15-19, 2008

Toups

• Members

I agree that GL just needs a good head writer with a good vision who can write to the new production model's strengths and structure. It's not in deep trouble at all.

However, I think Wheeler may be encouraging the kind of low-key, um-heavy writing style the show has adopted. I get the sense she thinks it goes with the realism she is striving for, which is an admirable goal but I think GL is going about it wrong. The show's writing within each episode is much more aimless and lacking in drama these days than it was under the heights of David Kreizman's sole headwriting, so I don't think Jill Lorie Hurst is necessarily a savior.

The background music also needs a revamp. This is also a Wheeler decision where I think she thinks she is going for realism but it's not working. If they are going to have songs in the background instead of soapy music, why not the kinds of great tunes they had for Jonathan and Tammy and during Reva's cancer? The songs need to be more exciting.

Still, I have faith in GL's powers that be and still love GL. I am still entertained by the show daily.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived