OLTL: SOD Spoilers

• Members

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/oltl/main/695283

From Proteus via SZ

Todd Makes A Shocking Request

And Baby Makes Three? Todd Has A New Way To Keep Marty In His Grasp.

Just when Marty is feeling it's time to flee the coop, Todd stuns her with a bizarre request: He's needs Marty's help raising Starr's baby. Susan Haskell says "Her feeling is that she's in the way and he's done so much for her and she should be able to take care of herself. So she says, 'I'll get out. I don't want to overstay my welcome,' and then, of course, he comes up with an idea that changes her mind-'cause he's so good at that." Little does Marty know that this is just one lie in a string of many. SH says "I think the hardest part for me, as an actress, to get over is that she does trust him. But there's no reason for her not to. All she's seen is what he's told her, but it's all good and helping." Although his request is pretty unreasonable, Marty's maternal instinct takes over. SH says "The idea of a baby and that whole thing is really very appealing, and wanting to help someone who's helped her is ultimately what allows her to say yes. It's not a practical decision and it becomes more of an emotional one. Ultimately, she's still at a place where he is what's safe; that's all the world she knows right now. She thinks someone tried to kill her, so it's a pretty good reason to stay with what you know. She's going to get stronger and stronger, but it's a tough road to come down. She's been pretty much wiped out, physically and mentally." Meanwhile, Marty's not completely impervious to Todd's sex appeal. SH says "I think she is slowly coming around to something, but it hasn't really been on her mind. Perhaps in the back of her mind is that there's this attractive man taking care of her." But the idea of Marty and her onetime rapist-whether it be friendship or romance- has some viewers squirming. SH says "it's a very sensitive issue and I do everything I can to make it appropriate. I get both sides of it, but viewers need to understand from my point of view, it's not Marty attracted to her rapist at all. If she had the real information it would never be happening. I think it's an interesting way to bring back this character and have all this stuff exploding in their faces, yet another take on the same stuff."

Shane: Brody's My Dad!

When Gigi is finally ready to tell Shane that Rex is his real dad, Shane's got some proof of his own: He has "proof" that Brody is his father. JPL says "Brody's been filling Shane's head with some stuff." Unbeknownst to Rex and Gigi, Brody got his hands on that pesky toothbrush that Adrian stole from Rex and passed it off as his own for a DNA test. Meanwhile, Gigi and Rex are anxious to share the truth with Shane. JPL says "They want Shane to accept Rex as much as possible, but it's a little confusing because he thought Brody was dead his whole life." But after Shane happily fills them in, a smug Brody provokes rex into punching him, which Shane witnesses. Head writer RC says "We're seeing a guy who has come back from the war and wholeheartedly thrown himself into trying to be a dad to this kid and trying to clean up his act." However, Brody has some pretty dark memories from his time in Iraq. RC says "All of that still exists under the surface."

Stuff We Know

Roscoe Born has been let go from DOOL, and there's already speculation of a Mitch Lawrence revise that was previously put on hold. Should Mitch turn up alive, it could mean a return for Mitch's brother Miles who was written out last April.

Comings & Goings:

Coming:

Jacqueline Hendy (Vanessa Montez): She has been cast in this contract role. She is Ray's wife. She will first air in mid-September.

Going:

Catherine Hickland (Lindsay Rappaprt): While Lindsay serves time for killing Spencer, the actress is off canvas, but she remains on recurring status.

VCR Dates:

On Monday, September 8, Tess forces Tina to serve as her partner in crime. On Tuesday, September 9, Natalie awakens to learn her fate.

What Will Happen:

Cristian runs into trouble on his way home.

Brody sets up to make Rex look like the bad guy in front of Shane.

Tess puts the next phase of her devious plan in motion.

Mail:

Fan letter disappointed that the Sarh over the falls thing didn't have more impact.

Fan comment happy with the costumes at least for the 1968 story.

Fan comment upset with Blair jumping into bed with someone else after her latest break up with Todd.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived