Days: Wendsday, Feb.6

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Once again the best scenes were with Shawn Sr. and Colleen. Shirley is so good.

So Steve and Kayla knows about Bo condition? I guess Lexie told them. So much for patient-doctor confidentiality.

I thought there was going to be a bigger reaction to John being half Dimera and half Brady. This is like the biggest twist to happen on DAYS in a long time that affects two families.........and no reaction at all??? Come on now!! I wish Hogan was writing this story because it's obvious the new writers don't care for it at all. What a huge waste of an amazing revelation.

• Members

Lexie told Roman, who told Steve. That is what is all wrong. I wouldn't have minded had Kayla told Steve in private (especially given how close they are to Bo and Hope) but Lexie was the one who told Roman and spread the word. That is so stupid.

I don't have a problem with the reveal. Marlena was pretty damn shocked yesterday and Belle was shocked today too. They all seemed pretty surprised. The problem is John's past has been changed so many times and, really, very little in the way of fans cared about Santeen so I don't think it makes a difference who wrote this. The way it's all fallen so far is the way I expected it too. I just think with Hogan you would've had better dialogue. That's all. I don't like the new writers but I don't blame them for not caring for it. I mean, most of the audience didn't and the Colleen thing would've been over had Days left John dead. This whole feud thing was done and they brought it all back up just to give John another backstory and bring him back. I like the backstory but I do think they should've just left this alone. It's alright but it's just meaningless because John has had so many changes in regards to his past and Santeen was a bust to begin with. The after effects (John as a Dimera/Brady and how this connects the Black family to the Brady's and Dimera's) is much more interesting then the reveal itself.

• Administrator

You really believe the new writers are going to do this storyline justice? I don't. They've already screwed it up.

I don't care how many times John's past is changed if it makes sense - it doesn't get any better than John being a Brady/Dimera.

I totally blame them. They had two golden storylines in "John is a Brady/Dimera" and the Philip/Belle/Shawn/Chloe quad, and they're wasting it. I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly wrapped up this John storyline and start their own agenda, much like how the quad ended in one episode.

Now, if they did that to a bad storyline, hey go ahead, that's fine. But they had these two great storylines set up for them and all they did was flush in down the toilet.

• Members

I do believe they can do it justice. I don't know if they will. Just trying to be optimistic and I think it's unfair to say they screwed it up when the story is just beginning. John just learned who he was yesterday. I agree about the quad completely. They completely wasted that but they won't be wrapping up the John story because Corday seems to have spearheaded the whole John return thing so I don't see that fizzling at all unless Corday opts to change gears...again. The whole show itself would be alot better if it had a whole writing team to help streamline everything (Higley or not). So far, it hasn't been that bad and the Ireland stuff has gone exactly as expected. Hogan would have just made the dialogue better. That's it IMO.

Archived