GBG: The Real Small Town, USA

DrewH

• Members

I don't know if all of you know, but I just recently graduated from high school this year. CLASS OF 06! Well, over the summer, I got a little nostalgic (sp? lol) to go back to high school. Then, when the MTV hit series, Laguna Beach came on, I really started to miss high school.

So in my times of boredom, waiting for college to begin, I decided to start writing my own version of Laguna Beach based on a select group of kids in my high school. The people are real. The places are real. And the drama, for the most part is real. I had to tweak a few things to make it more interesting ;)

I hope you all enjoy! Please leave comments!

PROMO

Stephen: Slut! Keep acting like a slut!

Kristin: Get away from me!

Lo: So what’s up with you and Stephen?

Lauren: I just don’t get that boy…

Kristin: Jessica, Jason has cheated on you.

Alex H: You can’t trust him!

Jessica: What do you want me to say to you, Alex?

Alex M: Do I think you’re a slut? Yeah I think you are!

Jessica: Okay…

Alex M: Tay, what’s the deal with you and Kristin?

Taylor: She supposedly hates me.

Lauren: I saw you kiss her.

Jason: I’m sorry.

Lauren: How would you feel if you saw me kissing an ex-boyfriend, but I was sorry?

Announcer: Who says drama only occurs in a town with lavish seaside mansions?

Sami: I’d never invite that [!@#$%^&*] to my party.

Announcer: Inspired by the MTV hit show, Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, comes a new show about a small town where it may seem different…

Kara: I got the job! Ah!

Sami: Like I never thought these days would come, you know? Like us in our senior year, being 18, college in a matter of months.

Announcer: But no matter where you go, in high school, one thing is always creeps up for the attack…DRAMA!

Ross: It’s just going to be drama.

Lauren: Everything associated with Sami is drama.

Lily: So, Sami, did you invite Andy to your party?

Sami: Yeah. Why wouldn’t I?

Lily: I don’t know. Do you think Bethany will get mad?

Sami: I don’t care if she does. It’s my party.

Josh: They like hate each other.

Bethany: I don’t know if I’m mad, or just like annoyed.

Josh: Two girls all over you, dude. What’s to hate?

Andy [laughs]: I guess you’re right.

Josh: You’re a pimp.

Bethany: Lauren was like you need to come over here fast. I have something important to tell you.

Sarah: Uh-oh.

Danielle: He’s like mad at me. I just can’t stand it anymore. I want out.

Sami: Are you going to tell him it’s over?

Danielle: Yeah… I have to. I can’t do this anymore.

Danielle: I want to talk about what we talked about the other night.

Mike: What?

Danielle: About taking a break.

Mike: What do you want me to say to you? Should I be happy about this?

Jim: You did something wrong and now you’re paying the price.

Lauren: I completely understand that. I should be punished for what I did, but a whole month, Dad? Get real!

Sarah: Where is Andy?

Lily: I think he’s with Sami.

Sarah: Uh oh.

Sami: Do you want to go upstairs?

Andy: Yeah.

Kara: She and Andy went upstairs last night, like alone.

Danielle: Are you serious?

Lauren: How could she do that to Bethany?

Jen C: It’s only a matter of time before Bethany finds out.

Kara: And when she does, Sami better watch out.

Bethany: He said that he left early because it was boring.

Lauren: No he didn’t. He was there the whole night. He hooked up with Sami.

Sami: Like what is she going to do, beat my ass?

Bethany: What do you mean am I serious? Yeah I am! You hooked up with another girl, Andy, and lied about it. You don’t see anything wrong with that?

Ross: Poor Bethany.

Lauren: Poor Bethany is right.

Andy: I want to talk about us.

Bethany: It’s a little too late for that, don’t you think?

Announcer: Sometimes…high school…is…a…[!@#$%^&*]!

Kara: I know, but what can I say? I’m a [!@#$%^&*].

Announcer: GBG: The Real Small Town, USA. Premieres October 18!

Sami, 18

Sami is the most popular girl at GSHS. And with looks like hers and popularity status, she is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Sami has a crush on fellow senior and good friend, Andy, but Andy is dating junior, Bethany. Can you say love triangle?

Andy, 18

Andy is a man's man. His tan skin, buldging biceps and good looks get him far at GSHS. He has that special charm that make the ladies go wild, especially his girlfriend, Bethany, and admirer, Sami.

Bethany, 16

Bethany is a junior this year at GSHS. She is also dating popular senior boy, Andy. She and Andy have been dating for 2 years. There has been a thorn in the side of their relationship for a long time and that thorn is Bethany's arch nemesis, Sami. At this rate, Bethany and Sami will never get along.

Josh, 18

Josh is GSHS's very own bad boy. He is a player to the extreme. Josh also is the school's MVP. He plays almost every single sport and excells in all. He and Mike are best friends.

Mike, 18

Mike is an all around good guy. He treats his girlfriend, Danielle, like a princess. If there was ever an all American boy going around school, this would be Mike. He is definitely a keeper, unlike his best friend, Josh.

Danielle, 18

Danielle is the school gossip. Sometimes the gossip she spreads around gets her into trouble with her friends. Danielle is a member of the "it" crowd, the popular kids and she is proud of that position. She is dating Mike. Kara is her best friend.

Kara, 18

Kara is a very honest person. She is the type of person that speaks what is on her mind, whatever the case may be. For this reason, a lot of people don't Kara, but it's no sweat off her back. She will always have her best friend, Danielle.

Lauren, 18

Lauren is a senior at GSHS. She is the party animal of the group. Lauren knows how to have a good time, although her partying ways get her into trouble quite often.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GBG'S Point of View on...SAMI

Andy: Sami's great. She is an awesome friend. She's just one of those girls that are just real cool. She isn't bad looking either [laughs].

Bethany: What do I think of Sami? How much time do we have [laughs]]? Sami and I aren't friends. I think she is just a very cruel person, and we'll leave it at that.

Josh: Sami is hot. She is probably one of the hottest girls at school, if not the hottest. We never hooked up and I look back and kick myself in the ass every time I think about it.

Mike: Sami is full of drama. Whenever Sami is involved, you can almost always expect drama to follow. I hate drama so I tend to stay away from Sami.

Danielle: Sami is one of my best friends. I love her. She is an amazing girl. She's so chill. She is beautiful and she has style. She' s just my best friend and words can't even describe how much I love her.

Kara: A lot of people think Sami is a drama queen. I don't think that's the case at all. People are just jealous of her and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Lauren: Sami can be a [!@#$%^&*] sometimes. There will be times where we like go to war with each other, but in the end, we're good friends and we always work it out.

GBG'S Point of View on...DANIELLE

Kara: Danielle is my best friend. We've been friends since like the first grade. I tell her everything and she tells me everything. We even have that connection where like, we can finish each other's thoughts. We've been around each other for so long.

Josh: Danielle is really funny. She's the kind of funny where it's like the girl doesn't mean to be funny, but you crack up when you're around her.

Lauren: Danielle is hilarious. She is always making stupid moves, like tripping, or saying something stupid. You're always guaranteed to get a laugh when Danielle is around.

GBG'S Point of View on...KARA

Danielle: Kara is my best friend. She and I have been friends forever. She can be a [!@#$%^&*] sometimes, but that's just Kara. People love her for it. I do!

Mike: Kara is one of those girls that can hang out with the guys. She is such a chill person. She hates drama so I'm all for hanging out with her.

Sami: You could probably sum Kara up as brutally honest. She is just one of those people that aren't afraid to speak her mind. And if she hears you were talking about her, she'll come find you and you'll pay [laughs].

GBG'S Point of View on...LAUREN

Bethany: Lauren's great, you know. She is so funny. Every time I'm around that girl I crack up. She just doesn't care. From her funny one liners to her absurd dance moves, I love her. I love hanging out with her.

Josh: Lauren is probably one of the most annoying girls I've ever met. She is not funny at all. It's just annoying. I can't stand being around her.

Mike: Lauren is a good friend of mine. She was actually my very first friend in Greensburg when I moved here. I would never say she was datable. She's more like "one of the guys".

GBG'S Point of View on...BETHANY

Lauren: Bethany is like my partner in crime. I love her. She is such a sweet heart. I can't stand when people talk sh*t on her because it's uncalled for. Bethany would never hurt anyone on purpose. She is just a sweetheart and I love her for it.

Sami: Eww... Next question please.

Danielle: Bethany is a really sweet girl. At first, I thought she was kind of sketchy, just because of what I had heard about her. But like we all know, hear-say, especially in high school, you can never go by it. You have to experience it for yourself. I did that with Bethany. I got to know her and we have actually become great friends and that probably would've never happened if I didn't give her a chance.

• Members
Sami: This is Greensburg, a small town in Southwestern Pennsylvania. It’s pretty boring place so you probably never heard of it, but it’s a place I call home. I’m Sami. My friends and I just finished our senior year at Greensburg Salem High School, where we were labeled the chicks of ’06. Senior year was the best year ever. We had so much fun. That’s Danielle. She’s my best friend. She is also the school gossip. Anything that’s happened she knew about it and was quickly spreading it. That hottie next to her is her boyfriend, Mike. Mike is the total opposite of Dee, which is probably why they get along so well. That’s Kara. She is probably the most brutally honest person I know. If she has a problem with you, you will know it. I love her for it. That’s Lauren. She’s the party animal. Sometimes her wild ways get her into trouble. She’ll never learn. There goes Josh. He would probably be labeled as the player/jock. He plays just about every single sport, and just about every single girl in our school, twice. I’m friends with just about everybody. Well, almost everybody, which brings me to Bethany. She’s a junior and a real pain in my ass. We have never liked each other, ever. Here’s why. Andy. Andy and I have been friends since middle school. When he started dating Bethany, she wanted our friendship ended. Sucks for her that Andy doesn’t let her make his decision, well not all the time. I can’t stand her. She is so evil and it’s like I’m the only one that sees it. Her jealousy is the start of all the drama that happened this year. Okay, I may have had a small part in it, but she had it coming. It all started at my 18th birthday party.

ep1.jpg

SAMI’S HOUSE
Sami: This party is going to be so pimp.
Danielle: Yeah it is. I think the invitation list is complete. We could probably send them out tomorrow at school.
Sami: I hope no one’s mad that I didn’t invite them.
Danielle: You invited a lot of people I never thought you would invite. Who cares, dude.
Sami: I can’t believe I’m going to be 18 in a couple days.
Danielle: I know. We’re getting so old.
Sami: Like I never thought these days would come, you know? Like us in our senior year, being 18, college in a matter of months.
Danielle: College is going to be amazing.
Sami: Yeah it is. College boys are hot.
Danielle: And we’ll be legal [laughs]. It sucks that Lauren can’t come.
Sami: Well if she wasn’t so stupid…

LAUREN’S HOUSE
Ross: I liked pulled up real slow because I thought your parents were going to be home.
Lauren: I told you they weren’t when you called.
Ross: I know.
Lauren: You were just paranoid.
Ross: I was.
Lauren: I made noodles. Do you want any?
Ross: No.
Lauren: I was hungry.
Ross: So like how much trouble did you get into?
Lauren: At home or at school? At school, I’m suspended for 10 days.
Ross: Wow.
Lauren: Yeah. And I have to go to these alcohol classes.
Ross: You’re in AA [laughs]!
Lauren: Shut up, [!@#$%^&*]! No really, dude, it sucks. And my parents grounded me for like a month.
Ross: Damn. So you’re not going to be at Sami’s party?
Lauren: Nope. Bummer.
Ross: You’re lucky. It’s just going to be drama.
Lauren: Everything associated with Sami is drama.

WESTMORELAND MALL
Sami: I need something to wear for my party.
Lily: What are you looking for?
Sami: That’s the thing. I don’t know.
Lily: Winter clothes are so ugly. I hate winter.
Sami: Me too. I agree totally. It’s like summer is the time to be fashionable.
Lily: This black tank top would look cute.
Sami: Yeah if I wasn’t so pasty. I need to go tanning soon.
Lily: Dude, I wish my parents would let me take their credit cards to just go buy whatever I wanted.
Sami: I’m trustworthy with a credit card [laughs]. You’re not.
Lily: True. So, Sami, did you invite Andy to your party?
Sami: Yeah. Why wouldn’t I?
Lily: I don’t know. Do you think Bethany will get mad?
Sami: I don’t care if she does. It’s my party.
Lily [singing]: It’s your party and you’ll invite who you want to…

ISAAC’S
Bethany: Thanks for taking me out to dinner tonight, hun!
Andy: Thanks for coming, hun.
Bethany: How was your day?
Andy: Good. Good.
Bethany: What’d you do?
Andy: Lifted after school.
Bethany: Nice. Getting all buff.
Andy: Yeah…
Bethany: So Sarah was telling me about Sami’s party.
Andy: And?
Bethany: Did she invite you?
Andy: Yeah. You know she did.
Bethany: Why are you being weird?
Andy: I’m not.
Bethany: You are.
Andy: Okay?
Bethany: Are you going?
Andy: Where?
Bethany: To the party, Andy. You know what I’m talking about.
Andy: Probably. Why, don’t you want me to?
Bethany: You can do whatever you want, Andy.
Andy: Now you’re mad.
Bethany: I’m not mad.
Andy: I can see it in your eyes. You’re mad.
Bethany: I’m not mad. I swear. What? I’m not, not at all. I hope you have fun.

LAUREN’S HOUSE
Roseanne: Lauren! Dinner.
Lauren: I’m seriously about to kill myself in this house.
Roseanne: Don’t start, Lauren.
Lauren: Come on. We need to talk about this.
Jim: There’s nothing to talk about, honey.
Lauren: I say there is. There’s a lot to talk about actually.
Jim: You did something wrong and now you’re paying the price.
Lauren: I completely understand that. I should be punished for what I did, but a whole month, Dad? Get real!
Roseanne: It was 3 months. Be lucky we didn’t stick to our original plan.
Lauren: I’ve suffered enough, dude. I have to take these stupid classes. I’ve missed 10 days of school. All of the teachers talk about me behind my back. Enough already.
Roseanne: Maybe you’ll think next time.
Lauren: I’ve been thinking, Mom. In this house, that’s all I can do.
Roseanne: Good. Then it’s working and it will continue. Now lets drop it and eat.
Lauren: Whatever.

BETHANY’S HOUSE
Sarah: Okay, I’ve decided. I’m not going.
Bethany: No. Sarah, just go.
Sarah: No. I’m not going since you weren’t invited.
Bethany: No. You have to go, Sarah.
Sarah: Why?
Bethany: Because if you don’t now, they’re all going to be like Sarah didn’t go because Bethany was being a [!@#$%^&*] and blah, blah, blah.
Sarah: Let them talk. I don’t care.
Bethany: Sarah. You are going.
Sarah: Are you sure you won’t be mad?
Bethany: I’m positive. That’s like exactly what Andy said. Why would I get mad?
Sarah: You might not be mad about me going, but I know you’re mad that Andy is going.
Bethany: I don’t know if I’m mad, or just like annoyed.
Sarah: Yeah.
Bethany: You know Sami was probably like, “oh Bethany’s going to be pissed when she finds out.”
Sarah: I’ll be thinking about you the whole time.
Bethany: Thanks. Just keep your eyes open.
Sarah: Oh, I will. I’ll be like a hawk.

GYM
Josh: There’s no way, dude.
Andy: Watch.
Josh: That’s like 350.
Andy: Done.
Josh: You’re an animal! Tonight’s Sami’s party, huh?
Josh: Are you going?
Andy: Probably. Are you?
Josh: Yeah. Did she invite Bethany?
Andy: Yeah right…
Josh: Right. They like hate each other.
Andy: Whatever, dude. I hate all this drama.
Josh: I think it’s funny, dude.
Andy: Yeah, well you wouldn’t if you were in my shoes, dude.
Josh: Two girls all over you, dude. What’s to hate?
Andy [laughs]: I guess you’re right.
Josh: You’re a pimp.

SAMI’S HOUSE
Kara: People are starting to arrive, Sami.
Sami: Good.
Danielle: Is your mom gone yet?
Sami: Yeah. She left a couple minutes ago.
Danielle: Sweet!
Kara: Then what are we waiting for? Lets get this party started!
Lily: Happy Birthday, Sami!
Jen B.: Happy Birthday, honey!
Sami: Thanks guys. Thanks for coming.
Jen B.: We wouldn’t miss this for the world.
Danielle: Sami, Andy is here.
Sami: So [laughs]?
Jen B.: Is Bethany coming?
Sami: Hell no. I’d never invite that [!@#$%^&*] to my party. Hey, boys! Come in. The boys are here!
Josh: Now this is a party.
Sami: Hey, Andy!
Andy: Hey, Sami!
Sami: Thanks for coming to party, sweetie. I know you probably had to face hell to come.
Andy: Not really.
Sami: Good. We’re going to have so much fun tonight. I promise.

LAUREN’S HOUSE
Lauren: Thanks for coming by.
Bethany: I can’t believe your parents allowed me to come over.
Lauren: They love you. You’re seriously the only friend that’s been allowed over.
Bethany: Really?
Lauren: Yeah. I mean I’ve snuck people in, but you’re the only one that they know about.
Bethany: I feel special.
Lauren: You should. We can watch movies tonight.
Bethany: Sweet. I just want to do anything that will take my mind off of everything.
Lauren: The party?
Bethany: What else?
Lauren: Did Sarah go?
Bethany: Yeah. I practically made her. She was going to not go, but then that would’ve been another story.
Lauren: Andy went?
Bethany: You know he did.
Lauren: I doubt anything is going to happen.
Bethany: Nothing better happen. Nothing will happen.
Lauren: If so, Sami will feel the wrath of Bethany. Hurricane Bethany’s coming though.

SAMI’S HOUSE
Lily: Did Bethany get mad that you came?
Sarah: No. She knows that Sami and I are friends.
Lily: Is she mad that Andy is here?
Sarah: I don’t know. Where is Andy?
Lily: I think he’s with Sami.
Sarah: Uh oh.
Sami: Did I thank you yet for coming to my party?
Andy: You did.
Sami: Well thank you again.
Andy: Your welcome. I told you I would come.
Sami: I know. I’m sorry that you got into a fight with Bethany.
Andy: I didn’t.
Sami: Yeah, okay.
Andy: I didn’t.
Sami: You’re lying, Andy. I know that Bethany flipped sh*t that you came.
Andy: Nope.
Sami: Well good. It’s so loud down here.
Andy: Yeah it is.
Sami: Do you want to go upstairs? We could probably talk up there.
Andy: Yeah. Lets go.

LAUREN’S HOUSE
Danielle: So did you have Bethany come over here last night?
Lauren: Yeah. I felt bad for her.
Kara: Well that was nice of you.
Lauren: Yeah. So tell me about the party. Should I be mad that I missed out?
Kara: It was fun.
Danielle: Yeah. There were a lot of funny moments. Like the time Josh fell onto the table.
Kara: Dude, I just got a text from Sami.
Lauren: What does it say?
Kara: She and Andy went upstairs last night, like alone.
Danielle: Are you serious?
Lauren: What a [!@#$%^&*]! How could she do that to Bethany?

TWIN LAKES
Jen C.: So last night was fun.
Sami: It was. I’m glad it was a good night.
Jen C.: I heard that you had a good night afterwards, outside the party.
Sami: What?
Jen C.: You and Andy?
Sami [laughs]: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Jen C.: Slut! Don’t say that. You know what I’m talking about. Ross said he saw you two go upstairs.
Sami: What? Like what do you want me to say? Yeah we did.

ANDY’S CAR
Andy: So are we meeting Alex and Alyssa there?
Bethany: Yeah.
Andy: Cool.
Bethany: Yeah. Cool.
Andy: What’s wrong?
Bethany: Nothing.
Andy: Are you lying?
Bethany: Nope.
Andy: Okay?
Bethany: How was the party last night?
Andy: Boring.
Bethany: It was boring? Really?
Andy: Yeah. I left early.
Bethany: You didn’t. Did you really?
Bethany: Why didn’t you call me? I would’ve come over afterwards so you didn’t have to be alone.
Andy: You were mad at me last night.
Bethany: Aw, baby, I’m sorry. Well thanks for leaving early. I’m no longer mad at you. I’ll never be mad at you again.
Andy: Good.

nexttimelogo.jpg
Kara: So did you hear about Sami and Andy?
Jen C: I can't believe it actually happened. I mean, I kind of knew it would.
Kara: Oh yeah, totally forceeable.

Lilly: So a lot of people are talking about the other night. Are you like worried at all?
Sami: Not really.

Bethany: Lauren was like, come over here. I have something important to tell you.
Bethany: I know. I'm scared.

Bethany: He said he left early.
Lauren: No he didn't. He hooked up with Sami.

Bethany: It's a little too late for that, don't you think?

• Members

Sami: My party was a hit. Everyone had fun. Some people had too much fun, myself included. I think I kind of made a big mistake. I hooked up with Andy. Bethany was sure to find out. I mean everyone else was already talking about it. And in Greensburg, word travels fast.

TWIN LAKES

Jen C.: So did you know about Sami and Andy?

Kara: Yeah, dude.

Jen C.: Who told you? You weren’t there when it happened, were you?

Kara: No. I left with Evan. Sami texted Danielle the next day.

Jen C.: I can’t believe that happened. I knew something was going to happen.

Kara: Oh yeah. It was foreseeable.

Jen C.: Considering where we live and the amount of talk that goes down, it’s only a matter of time before Bethany finds out.

Kara: And when she does, Sami better watch out.

SAMI’S CAR

Sami: Is my mom doing your hair?

Lily: Yeah.

Sami: Are you excited for tonight?

Lily: I am. I’ve never been to a winter formal, just to like our Christmas dances.

Sami: I so wish our school had winter formal instead of Christmas dance. Winter formals are like more…formal [laughs].

Lily: So like a lot of people know about the other night, Sami.

Sami: I know. I go into class today and so many people came up to me and like pulled me aside to ask.

Lily: Are you like worried, at all?

Sami: Not really.

Lily: Not even that like Bethany is going to find out?

Sami: No. Like what is she going to do, beat my ass? Yeah right.

KARA’S HOUSE

Kara: So like my mom’s making me get this job.

Danielle: Dude, I can’t see you like working.

Kara: I know.

Danielle: It’s going to be so funny to see you in like a uniform servicing people.

Kara: Shut up! I’m so pissed. I’m like so pissed.

Danielle: I would be too if my parents were making me get a job.

Kara: And it’s not even like I need it.

Danielle: Why are they making you get one?

Kara: They said I need to pay my car insurance.

Danielle: What?

Kara: Yeah. They’ve paid for it all these years and now all of a sudden they want me to pay for it. Get real, dude.

Danielle: So where are you going to apply?

Kara: I don’t even know…

LAUREN’S HOUSE

Lauren: Thanks for stopping by again.

Ross: I’m just waiting for your parents to like catch me here one day.

Lauren: They’re not here. They like went to the mall for something. They’ll be gone all day.

Ross: You missed a great party.

Lauren: So I heard.

Ross: There were some interesting hook ups.

Lauren: Aw, did Ross gets some action?

Ross: Yeah right. I wish. But no, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

Lauren: Andy and Sami? Dude, everyone knows about that.

Ross: Does Bethany know?

Lauren: Nope.

Ross [laughs]: Everyone knows but Andy’s girlfriend. I wonder how she hasn’t heard about it, especially at our school.

Lauren: I don’t know, but I feel so bad for Bethany. She’s going around looking like an idiot. Andy is such an [!@#$%^&*]. And Sami is a [!@#$%^&*] for going along with it.

Ross: Poor Bethany.

Lauren: Poor Bethany is right.

STARBUCK’S

Bethany: Did you ever try the cinnamon? It’s really good.

Sarah: So tell me about dinner last night.

Bethany: Andy surprised me. I was totally surprised. I guess my mom like helped him set everything up.

Sarah: It was in the backyard?

Bethany: Yeah. There were lights in the trees and everything.

Sarah: Aw… That’s so cute.

Bethany: I know. And here I am so worried about the party.

Bethany: I felt so bad afterwards for like thinking he would cheat on me or something.

Sarah: Well you were just being cautious and that’s totally okay.

Bethany: Maybe. I have such a great boyfriend.

Sarah: I know. I’m jealous.

Bethany: I love him.

WESTMORELAND MALL/DANIELLE’S HOUSE

[Kara goes through several stores for applications. She ends up in the food court and sits down at a table to fill them out.]

Kara: I don’t even know my social security number.

[Kara calls her mom.]

Kara: Mom. I need my social security number. Okay. Thanks. Yeah I got a couple. This is so hard. You should’ve came. Whatever. Bye.

[Kara’s phone rings and it is Danielle.]

Kara: Hey, Dee.

Danielle: Hey, Kar. How’s the job-hunting going?

Kara: Horrible, dude. These applications are like so never-ending. It’s ridiculous.

Danielle: Where did you apply?

Kara: Hollister, Charlotte Ruse, American Eagle, Cristian Dior, Macy’s. Too many places.

Danielle: Wow.

Kara: My mom was like don’t forget to put one in at McDonalds. I’m like yeah right.

Danielle: Are you going to turn them in today?

Kara: Just the Hollister one because that’s the only one I really want. I’m throwing the other ones away and just acting like I turned them and they didn’t want me.

Danielle: That’s so wrong.

Kara: I know, but what can I say? I’m a [!@#$%^&*].

GYM

Nick: What are you doing tonight?

Andy: Probably just chilling with Bethany. Why?

Nick: Albert’s having a party.

Andy: Really?

Nick: Yeah. You guys should come.

Andy: Maybe.

Nick [laughs]: Sami will probably be there.

Andy: Then maybe that’s not such a good idea to bring Bethany.

Nick: So what happened with you two the other night?

Andy: What do you think?

Nick: Are you serious?

Nick: Bethany doesn’t know?

Andy: No, and she isn’t going to.

SARAH’S HOUSE

Bethany: Andy was telling me about the house they got for senior week.

Sarah: Are you going?

Bethany: I want to. It’s going to be like hell though trying to convince my parents to let me.

Sarah: I want to go too.

Bethany: That would be so cool if we went together.

Sarah: I know.

[bethany’s cell phone rings.]

Bethany: Hello? Hey, Laur. Really? Yeah. Okay. I’m at Sarah’s now. I’ll be over shortly. Okay. Bye. That was weird.

Sarah: What?

Bethany: Lauren was like you need to come over here fast. I have something important to tell you.

Bethany: I know. I’m like scared to go over.

LAUREN’S HOUSE

Bethany: Hey, Laur.

Lauren: Hey, Beth.

Bethany: So what’s up?

Lauren: Nothing. I’m just sitting here looking at the stars.

Bethany: Pretty.

Lauren: Yeah.

Bethany: So why did you call me over here? You sounded pretty serious.

Lauren: Before I say anything, have you heard anything going around school?

Bethany: Like what?

Lauren: Like anything in particular?

Bethany: I don’t know. What’s going on?

Lauren: What did Andy tell you about Sami’s party?

Bethany: He said that he left early because it was boring.

Lauren: No he didn’t.

Bethany: What?

Lauren: He was there the whole night. He hooked up with Sami.

Bethany: No way! How do you know?

Lauren: Sami basically told me. I’m sorry, Bethany. I’m so sorry, but I felt you needed to know.

Bethany: No, thanks for telling me. I did need to know, and now I do.

KARA’S HOUSE

Danielle: Lets watch Next. I love that show.

Kara: You would.

Danielle: What’s that supposed to mean?

[Kara’s phone rings.]

Kara: Shh! It’s Hollister. Hello? This is she. Uh-huh. Okay. Really? Oh, my God! This is great. Thank you. Yeah. Okay. That’s fine. Yeah. I’ll be there tomorrow. Thanks. Bye.

Danielle: You got the job?

Kara: I got the job! Ah!

Danielle: Congratulations! What did they say?

Kara: I have to go in tomorrow to meet the other manager and we’re going to discuss my schedule.

Danielle: Sweet.

Kara: Dude, this is like my dream job. I’m so happy. I’m like so happy! I’m an employed girl.

Danielle: You’re a workingwoman.

PARK

Andy: Hey.

Bethany: Hi.

Andy: What’s up?

Bethany: Not much.

Andy: Yeah…

Bethany: So what did you want to talk about?

Andy: I don’t know.

Bethany: You know. You called me over here.

Bethany: It’s a little too late for that, don’t you think?

Andy: Bethany, I screwed up. I’m sorry.

Bethany: No you’re not. You might be sorry you got caught. But are you sorry you hooked up with her? I don’t think so.

Andy: I am!

Bethany: I’m sorry; Andy, but I can’t trust you anymore.

Andy: Are you serious?

Bethany: You lied to me.

Andy: I know.

Bethany: What do you mean am I serious? Yeah I am! You hooked up with another girl, Andy, and lied about it. You don’t see anything wrong with that?

Andy: I do.

Bethany: But?

Andy: I don’t know.

Bethany: Great.

Andy: So what now?

Bethany: What?

Andy: Where are we?

Bethany: We’re nothing. I can’t trust you, Andy, and without trust there’s no relationship.

Andy: So it’s over?

Bethany: Yeah, pretty much.

Andy: Whatever, dude.

[Andy walks away.]

BETHANY’S CAR

[bethany calls Sarah.]

Bethany: Hey, I’m on my way to come pick you up.

Sarah: How did it go?

Bethany: He acted like the biggest jerk ever.

Sarah: What did he say?

Bethany: He told me he was sorry. And then when I told him I didn’t trust him anymore he just like walked away like some immature baby.

Sarah: Oh, my God.

Bethany: Yeah. I told him it’s over.

Sarah: So it’s really over? No more Andy?

Bethany: No more Andy. It’s over, like for real.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

previouslylogo.jpg

Sami: So the impossible happened. Bethany and Andy broke up. I guess you could say I had a hand in that. Oh well. For just ending a relationship, Bethany moved on pretty fast, or at least that was the newest rumor going around school. Meanwhile, Danielle was becoming fed up with Mike. With college acceptance letters coming, would their relationship last?

DANIELLE’S HOUSE

Danielle: Kara, I’m having problems.

Kara: What’s wrong?

Danielle: Look at me. I look so gay.

Kara: You look fine.

Danielle: I don’t even want to go.

Kara: Where did Mike say you were going?

Danielle: He wants to take me to Red Star, so I like have to dress up and sh*t.

Kara: You sure sound thrilled.

Danielle: I’m not. I don’t even want to go.

Kara: Why are you guys even together?

Danielle: I don’t know, dude. [Laughs] I like don’t know.

ep3.jpg

RITA’S FLOWER SHOP

Lauren: This is such a sweet idea, Mike.

Mike: I know. Thanks for coming with me. I have no idea about flowers.

Lauren: I’m glad to help. I’ve been stuck in that house for a month. I’m glad to finally be able to go out and like live.

Mike: Leave it to me to help you out, like always.

Lauren: Oh yeah, like always.

Mike: What colors should I get her?

Lauren: Her favorite color is purple.

Mike: Do I get roses? There are like so many flowers, dude.

Lauren: I know. What’s her favorite flower? Do you know?

Mike: No…

Lauren [laughs]: Some boyfriend…

Mike: I think I’m just going to get these. Thanks for all your help, Laur.

Lauren: No problem, Mikey!

DERBY’S

Bethany: Why did you ask me out tonight?

Josh: Why?

Bethany: Because I want to know.

Josh: I wanted to.

Bethany: Is that the only reason?

Josh [laughs]: Yeah… What other reason would there be?

Bethany: I don’t know.

Josh: Okay.

Bethany: Did you tell Andy about this?

Josh: No. I didn’t think I had to. Did you?

Bethany: Nope.

Josh: Okay. I wouldn’t think it would matter either.

Bethany: It doesn’t.

Josh: You two aren’t together anymore, right?

Bethany: We’re not together.

Josh: You’re free to date anyone.

Bethany: Is that what you’re calling this, a date?

Josh: No…

Bethany [laughs]: Are you sure?

Josh: Yeah… Are you calling it a date?

Bethany: I don’t know. Maybe.

RED STAR

Mike: You look amazing tonight.

Danielle: Thanks. Kara helped me out.

Mike: I’ll have to thank her.

Danielle: You should.

Mike: Have you talked to Sami or anything about the whole Andy and Bethany situation?

Danielle: Sami has definitely backed herself into a tough situation with this one.

Mike: Yeah.

Danielle: I don’t know how she’ll ever be able to redeem herself.

Mike: Did you get your acceptance letter yet?

Danielle: No. Did you?

Mike: Yeah.

Danielle: You did? Why didn’t you tell me?

Mike: I got it like today.

Danielle: Congratulations!

Mike: Thanks.

Danielle: So you’re going to Slippery Rock? Have you decided yet?

Mike: Not yet. I want you to go.

Danielle: Mike, you’re still going to go if I don’t get in.

Mike: No I’m not.

Danielle: Yes you are.

Mike: Nope.

Danielle: Yes you are, Mike. Yes you are.

SARAH’S HOUSE

Bethany: So did you guys hear the latest rumor going around school?

Kim: I didn’t. What is it?

Sarah: Bethany and Josh.

Kim: What? Josh ******?

Bethany: Yeah. Can you believe that?

Kim: What brought that one up?

Sarah: Stupid people that have no other things to do with their lives.

Bethany: Josh and I hung out and somehow everyone knew about it.

Kim: Did Andy find out?

Bethany: Yes. He comes up to me and is like, “so you’re hooking up with Josh now?” I’m like, “what are you talking about?” He’s like, “that’s what’s going around. People saw you two together.” He called me a [!@#$%^&*].

Kim: No he didn’t!

Bethany: Yeah he did.

Kim: I can’t believe he would do that.

Sarah: I can.

Bethany: Oh, I can too. Whatever.

DANIELLE’S HOUSE

Danielle: It’s strangely nice out today.

Lauren: I know. I can’t believe how warm it is.

Danielle: It feels like May or June.

Lauren: How was your date with Mike? I helped pick out the flowers.

Danielle: Did you? I knew he didn’t do all that by himself.

Lauren: Did he say he did?

Danielle: Yeah.

Lauren: That bastard! He begged me to help him.

Danielle: It was nice. We started talking about college though.

Lauren: Really?

Danielle: Yeah. He really wants me to go to Slippery Rock.

Lauren: I thought you wanted to go to PSU.

Danielle: I do. That’s the school I want to go to.

Lauren: Are you waiting for the mail to come?

Danielle: Yeah. The mail is here.

Mail Man: Here you are.

Danielle: Thank you. It’s from Slippery Rock.

Lauren: Hurry up and open it. I’m dying to know.

Danielle: I didn’t get in.

Lauren: What?

Danielle: I didn’t get in.

Lauren: Oh, my God… What are you going to tell Mike?

MIKE’S HOUSE

Danielle: I love how we can just like sit outside in the middle of January.

Mike: I know. This weather is freaky, dude.

Danielle: Tell me about it.

Mike: So why did you want to come over?

Danielle: Do I need a reason?

Mike: No. It’s just weird because we really didn’t have plans or anything.

Danielle: I did have a reason.

Mike: I knew it.

Danielle: I got my letter from Slippery Rock today.

Mike: And?

Danielle: I didn’t get in. Did you get yours?

Mike: Yeah…

Danielle: And? Did you get in?

Danielle: Congrats… Sucks to be me I guess.

Mike: Sure.

Danielle: What? What was that for?

Mike: Nothing.

Danielle: You cannot be mad at me, Mike. It’s not like I’m the one that didn’t accept me. God!

JODI’S CAFÉ

Bethany: Hey.

Josh: Hey. You sounded pretty serious on the phone.

Bethany: Did I interrupt you with something?

Josh: I was just on my way to the Y to play ball.

Bethany: I’m sorry.

Josh: It’s cool. What’s this about?

Bethany: Did you tell people about us hanging out the other day?

Josh: What do you mean?

Bethany: I don’t know. People are talking.

Josh: And? What are they saying?

Bethany: They think there’s something going on between us.

Josh: You think I started the rumor?

Bethany: I didn’t.

Josh: Someone probably saw us hanging out or something. You know how our school is.

Bethany: God, I hate our town. I wish people would just mind their own business.

SAMI’S HOUSE

Sami: I can’t believe you didn’t get into Slippery Rock.

Jen C: I know. That’s not a very hard school to get into.

Danielle: Want to know a secret?

Sami: What?

Danielle: I totally bombed the application.

Sami: You didn’t!

Danielle: Yeah, I did.

Jen C: Why?

Danielle: I didn’t want to go, dude, but Mike just kept on me about so I just hurried up and applied and mailed it.

Sami: So it looks like you got your wish.

Danielle: Yep.

Jen C: What did Mike say?

Danielle: He’s pissed.

Sami: It’s not like it was your decision. I mean it was, but he doesn’t know that.

Danielle: Exactly. He’s like mad at me. I just can’t stand it anymore. I want out.

Jen C: You want out of the relationship?

Danielle: Uh-huh.

Sami: Are you going to tell him it’s over?

Danielle: Yeah… I have to. I can’t do this anymore.

DANIELLE’S HOUSE -- "Everything I'm Not" by The Veronicas

Danielle: Thanks for coming by.

Mike: Are your parents home?

Danielle: No. They went out or something. My brother’s upstairs.

Mike: I see. So what’s up?

Danielle: I want to talk about what we talked about the other night.

Mike: What?

Danielle: About taking a break.

Mike: Oh. Were you serious about that?

Danielle: Kind of.

Mike: Oh.

Danielle: Don’t you think we need it?

Mike: Well I didn’t. I guess I do now.

Danielle: I’m sorry.

Mike: Why? Don’t be sorry. It’s just how you feel.

Danielle: I don’t want to hurt you.

Mike: You’re not. Are we done?

Danielle [laugh]: Don’t be ass about it!

Mike: What do you want me to say to you?

Danielle: Nothing, nothing at all.

Mike: Fine. I’ll talk to you later.

Danielle: Bye.

nexttimelogo.jpg

Jen C: Are you and Andy doing anything for Valentine's Day?

Sami: He didn't say anything.

Jen C: Are you and him, like together now?

Sami: I don't know. We shall see...

Sami: I don't even know what we are anymore.

Lily: Sam said she saw him at the flowershop, so maybe you're getting a surprise.

Bethany: So I go out to my car after school and there are like roses and a cute teddy bear on it.

Shawna: Aw... Did it have a card?

Bethany: No.

Shawna: Uh-oh...Bethany has a secret admirer!

Sami: Andy's not the romantic type though.

Lily: Oh yeah, that's totally not him.

Andy: So were you surprised?

Bethany: Very.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

PREVIOUSLY ON GBG

Sami: Valentine’s Day was great with my girls. They’re always there for me when I need them. And I did need them, more than ever. Andy and Bethany got back together over Valentine’s. I guess it’s a good thing that happened before we got too serious, or at least that’s what I’m trying to convince myself. I was just ready to get away from Greensburg and all the drama. With Kacie’s orientation for NYU, now seemed like the best time to head to NYC for spring break.

WHAT HAPPENS IN NYC...

KACIE’S HOUSE

Kacie: So my dad got us a room at the Hilton.

Sami: Are you serious? I cannot wait to get to New York.

Kacie: I know. I’m just so glad to get away from Greensburg and all the drama here.

Sami: I know. It’s going to be a drama-free week.

Kacie: So have you talked to Andy lately?

Sami: Nope.

Kacie: Are he and Bethany still together?

Sami: I think so. That whole deal is so…I don’t even know.

Kacie: You’re over Andy?

Sami: Yeah, like totally.

DANIELLE’S HOUSE

Danielle: I’m so glad school’s over for a week.

Kara: I know. I love spring break.

Danielle: But we don’t ever go anywhere for spring break like they do on like Laguna Beach. I think that’s funny.

Kara: I’ve noticed that. Like people here just stay home for spring break. The farthest I’ve ever gone was to like Scottdale to my aunt’s [laughs].

Danielle: Oh yeah. So when do Sami, Kacie and Lauren leave for New York?

Kara: I think they’re leaving late tonight, like at 2 in the morning.

Danielle: Ew, that sucks dude.

Kara: I know.

Danielle: I wish we could’ve gone. My dad like flipped when I just mentioned it.

Kara: Mine did the same. Looks like we’re stuck here with the hotties of Greensburg.

Danielle [laughing]: Like Josh.

Kara: You and Mr. Josh have been getting along quite well lately.

Danielle: Hell yeah.

Kara: Will anything come out of this?

Danielle: I hope so.

SAMI’S HOUSE

Kacie: What are you doing biznatch?

Sami: Packing, what else?

Kacie: You haven’t even packed yet?

Sami [laughing]: No. Is that bad?

Kacie: Sami, we leave in like 4 hours.

Sami: I’m almost done. I just have to add a few things.

Kacie: You’re insane.

Sami: It’s cold in New York this time of year, huh. Colder than here?

Kacie: I think so. It’s like more north so I guess it would be.

Sami: Are you nervous?

Kacie: A little bit. This is like the school of my dreams.

Sami: At least you got into the school so that stress can be lifted. This is just going to be a little orientation thing. Is Lauren all ready to go?

Kacie: Yeah. I told her I would call her when we left here. My sh*t’s already in the car so hurry the hell up.

Sami: I’m hurrying!

HILTON HOTEL, NEW YORK

Lauren: Oh, my god! Check out this view.

Kacie: I’m tripping dude.

Sami: We have arrived ladies.

Lauren: We sure have. Kace, what time is your thing?

Kacie: I have to be there by 9, so like, if you guys want to go to sleep until I get back because I’m sure you’re all tired. I’m not even going to sleep because it’s in like 2 hours.

Sami: That’s cool.

Lauren: Did you guys see that hottie checking me out in the lobby?

Sami: He was hot.

Kacie: And he had a friend.

Lauren: It’s a good thing we’re all single.

Sami: Single in NYC baby!

Kacie: What happens in NYC…

Everyone: Stays in NYC [laughs]!

ST. CLAIR PARK

Josh: Dude, summer is coming and I can feel it.

Danielle: It has been nice lately. I love this weather.

Josh: Me too. I can’t wait for school to be over, us graduating. This is going to be the summer of a lifetime.

Danielle: Are we going to hang out this summer?

Josh: Fo’ sho’.

Danielle: Kara things that we are “compatible,” whatever the hell that means.

Josh: I’d say that.

Danielle [laughing]: Really?

Josh: Yeah… I like you.

Danielle: Aw, Josh!

Josh: No, I really do.

Danielle: Are you being serious, or are you just sh*tting me?

Josh: No. I’m being 100% like totally serious. I like you. You’re probably one of the coolest girls in our school. I like hanging out with you.

Danielle: Aw! I like hanging out with you too.

Josh: Is that it?

Danielle: No and I guess I like you too.

Josh: Fine…

Danielle: I’m just kidding. Of course I like you.

Josh: Then give me a hug and be next to me.

ADMISSIONS OFFICE, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY

Secretary: Kacie, Mrs. Bloa is ready to see you now.

Kacie: Oh, okay. Thank you.

Jean: Hi!

Kacie: Hi. I’m Kacie.

Jean: Hi Kacie. My name is Jean Bloa and I’m head of admissions here at NYU. Congratulations on your acceptance.

Kacie: Thank you.

Jean: Are you excited?

Kacie: I am so excited.

Jean: You should be. NYU is a very tough school to get into. You should feel honored.

Kacie: I do, like all the time. This is my dream school.

Jean: I’m glad to hear that. What I wanted to talk to you about, other than your future experience here at NYU, is that I have a surprise for you.

Kacie: Really?

Jean: Yes. Because of your excellence in school and your 4.0 throughout your high school career, you have been nominated for a prestigious scholarship that NYU only gives out to four individuals. This scholarship is going to pay for your entire four-year tuition.

Kacie: Oh, my God…

Jean: Yes. This is a big deal. You should also know that you are more than likely to be one of the four.

CAJUN PLACE

Lauren: I like feel bad for Sami.

Kacie: I know. She was so sick this morning.

Lauren: Dude, I told her to take it easy last night. Last night was fun, huh?

Kacie: Oh yeah. I had so much fun. There were some hottie bodies at that club.

Lauren: Hell yeah. Kace, I have confession to make.

Kacie: Uh-oh.

Lauren: And I need your advice on what to do.

Kacie: Okay. What’s up?

Lauren: You remember how Bethany told everyone that someone told her about Sami and Andy, but she wouldn’t tell anyone?

Kacie: Yeah? Oh my God, was it you?

Lauren: Yes. Sami doesn’t know yet.

Kacie: No she doesn’t. Lauren, she will kill you if she finds out it was you.

Lauren: I know dude. I feel so guilty though. What should I do?

Kacie: If you want to do the right thing then you need to tell her, like soon.

ROSS’S HOUSE

Kara: Want some help there, Rossy?

Ross: Thanks.

Kara: This was a good idea to throw this little get together.

Ross: I know. Well my spring break was getting a little boring so I needed something to liven it up.

Kara: So who’s all here so far?

Ross: Lily, Tony, Jen, Jen, Dan, Danielle and Josh. Mike’s coming later.

Kara: Oh my God, you invited Mike?

Ross: Yeah. Why wouldn’t I?

Kara: Danielle and Josh are here.

Ross: Are they like together now?

Kara: Yes!

Ross: Sh*t! I didn’t know that! Things should get interesting.

Jen B: Mikey’s here!

Kara: Hey Mike.

Mike: Hey guys. Looks like this party’s bumping.

Danielle: I didn’t know he was coming here, Kar.

Kara: Neither did I.

Josh: Do you want to leave?

Danielle: No. I’m not going to let him ruin our fun. Hi Mike!

Danielle: What an ass****!

HILTON HOTEL, NEW YORK

Lauren: Sami, I think we should talk.

Sami: Okay? What about?

Kacie: I’m going to go see what time we have to check out tomorrow.

Sami: What’s this about?

Lauren: Okay. I’m about to tell you something and you’re going to be so mad.

Sami: Uh-oh. What is it?

Lauren: I kind of made a mistake a long time ago and haven’t told you anything about it.

Sami: Lauren, you’re scaring me. Just tell me.

Lauren: I was the one that told Bethany about you and Andy hooking up.

Sami: Are you serious?

Lauren: Yeah.

Sami: Wait a minute. Are you serious? Are you serious! Lauren?

Lauren: I’m sorry.

Sami: I can’t believe you would do that to me.

Lauren: I’m sorry Sami, but Bethany was my friend. I thought she should know.

Sami: And what the hell am I, Lauren? I thought we were friends?

Lauren: We are.

Sami: No we’re not. Lauren, I’m f*cking irate at you right now! I cannot believe you would do this to me.

Lauren: Sami, I’m sorry.

Sami: No. No, don’t even talk to me, like ever again. I have to get out of here.

SAMI’S HOUSE

Brooke: So how was New York?

Sami: I loved it.

Brooke: You did?

Sami: Yeah I had a lot of fun. That is until I found out that Lauren stabbed me in the back.

Brooke: What?

Sami: You didn’t hear?

Brooke: No?

Sami: I thought you would’ve. Lauren was the one that told Bethany about Andy and me.

Brooke: No way! Are you serious?

Sami: Yes!

Brooke: Why the f*ck would she do that?

Sami: I know dude. I don’t know. I was pissed.

Brooke: Have you talked to her since?

Sami: Nope. Kacie was like, “that was the most awkward flight I’ve ever been on.”

Brooke: Oh, my God…

Sami: I don’t even care dude. She is such a [!@#$%^&*] and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive the [!@#$%^&*].

TWIN LAKES

Jen C: Have you talked to Sami since you’ve been back?

Danielle: Yeah.

Lauren: No. She like hates me.

Danielle: I knew she was going to be pissed when she found out.

Lauren: What was I supposed to do dude, not tell her? I think that’s more f*cked up. I’ve waited this long.

Jen C: I think Sami’s just pissed right now and she’ll get over it.

Lauren: No. She is like pissed. Ask Dee.

Danielle: Oh, my God. Sami flipped out on Lauren at lunch yesterday.

Lauren: Like seriously, flipped. Oh well. I’m like over it. If she wants to be a [!@#$%^&*]…whatever. Can we change the subject?

Jen C: Sure. I want to hear more about Danielle and Josh?

Lauren: Oh yeah. I heard about this random hook up. What’s this about girl?

Danielle: I don’t know. I really like him, like a lot.

Jen C: Aw… Josh is hot.

Lauren: So hot.

Danielle: I know! I know…

ON THE NEXT GBG

Sarah: I just want tonight to be like chill, no drama, no hassle.

Bethany: Sarah, you invited Sami. Need I say more?

Sami: I have nothing to say to you, Lauren.

Lauren: My God, will you stop being such a [!@#$%^&*]!

Sami: Do not call me a [!@#$%^&*] after what you did to me! That was probably the bichiest thing you could ever do to someone.

Alyssa: Don’t you have a girlfriend?

Andy: No?

Alyssa: You’re not dating Bethany?

Andy: Dude, I don’t even know what we are.

Bethany: What a [!@#$%^&*] dude. What a little whore!

Archived