• 0 replies
    • 6.1k views
  9. 1981-1982 Season

• 0 replies
    • 6.1k views
  10. 1980-1981 Season

• 0 replies
    • 6.3k views

• At the very least special DVD releases should have been seriously considered.    The only short run soap I could even seen succeeding in a syndication would be Sunset Beach but that has longgggg past it’s time. I remember Sci-Fi tried to rerun Passions but it flopped badly. 
    • Thinking of Bob Hughes's Thanksgiving toasts and I wished someone would've asked him if he remembers the first time and then the last time he did one of those toasts on the show. That would've involved some deeper knowledge about the show, which seems like too much to ask these days. Too bad Scott couldn't just have completely taken over that one.
    • The best example is the Don Hastings/Kathryn Hays reunion. Alan would ask a question and Kathryn would get her thoughts together she'd speak and Alan would interrupt her. The reunion was sinking rather quickly and then Scott Defrietas showed up and things changed. Scott knew the right questions to ask and let Kathryn & Don speak without interrupting. The reunion started flowing so much better.
    • It has, though somewhat inorganically. I will never forgive Ron for making Julie, once a worldly, sharp-witted woman, into a racist, especially when she was the most supportive person of David and Valerie's relationship. If you're going to use history, use it right.   Agreed as well @soapfave06, that year, to me, was the last excellent year of DAYS, tbh. I thought TomSell's first year was, by and large, excellent, minus the Daniel nonsense, Bo abandoning Hope for dubious reasons, and the weird way they drove a wedge between John and Marlena. They didn't explore the complexities of the situations nearly enough, but they set them up so well, it's a shame they didn't dig in deeper.
    • That message from Joe and Jill really resonated with me today. I usually spend Thanksgiving with my mom at an open house hosted by family friends. I've often resisted going but I've done so because my mom loves it.   I'd give anything to be doing that today.   (Sorry. I'm feeling a bit maudlin and self-pitying.)