So You Think You Can Dance FINALS

DaysFanJean

• Members

7-26 SYTYCD

The first hour was a repeat of last Thursday results show.

Apparently the solo performances were dropped as we didn't have any tonight, just the pairs competitions.

The girls drew names from the black hat.

Donyelle drew Travis

Allison drew Ivan

Natalie drew Ryan

Heidi drew Benji

First dances of the night:

Donyelle and Travis drew HipHop The costumes were jeans and sweats with masks on their faces and also the the back of their heads. It was confusing to me but entertaining. The judges believed that not seeing their eyes and faces was a drawback from the performance.

Allison and Ivan drew Argentina Tango. Oh such a lovely looking couple with her in a black "almost" dress, he in a tux. She was fabulous and Ivan surprised me by being a good match and he looked masculine. The judges loved Natalie and thought Ivan was good.

Natalie and Ryan drew Disco. Natalie is excellent. It looks as though she has a strained ligament and is wearing an ace bandage on her knee and thigh. Ryan is sweet looking, but his steps falter and were not a sharp so the judges were rather harsh on him but loved Natalie.

Heidi and Benji. If you remember, they are cousins and have danced together many times before this show. They drew Broadway and it was stupendous. They brought the house down and I LOVED it. The judges were standing and totally were enthralled by this pair. Great reviews.

Second dances of the night:

Travis and Donyelle drew the Quick Step and sadly it was not a good performance. I love Ivan and Donyelle but this was probably the worst dance of the evening.

Allison and Ivan drew Hip Hop and Shane choreographed a sort of tender romantic routine for them. It was a couple dancing in the rain with umbrellas and it was a jazz based hiphop routine. It was nearly as good as Mia's routine last week performed by Heidi and Travis. I LOVED it and think it was the best routine of the night. The crowd and the judges loved it.

Natalie and Ryan drew Contemporary (I think as I messed that but it's what they did) I thought it was lovely. The judges were much kinder to Ryan this go round and complimented them very well.

Benji and Heidi drew Mambo (again I missed this but think it is what Latin dance it was) These are clearly the best couple on the show. Both of them look professional, sharp, sure, and so talented. The judges awarded them appropriately and Nigel wants them to perform that on the tour if it goes though.

Out of the performances, I think Donyelle and Travis were in the bottom so I cannot really decide who America will not vote for. It could be them or it could be Natalie and Ryan because Benji and Heidi and Allison and Ivan were clearly the best over them tonight...in my judgement.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow night.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, I think Ryan will go. I really like him, but the judges have made it clear that they don't want him there. I don't think he'll have the votes to stay tonight.

I thought the judges were too harsh on Donyelle and Travis. That hip hop dance was great and the quick step may not have been perfect, but it was not as bad as the judges made it seem. I hope Donyelle has the votes to stay. I really like her and I think she's one of the best female dancers.

Benji has pretty much alreay won this competition. He's a great dancer, crowd favorite, judges favorite. He's the best. He and heidi were great last night, but I'm not really a fan of Heidi. It was great to se her dance with her cousin because she usually has a lack of chemistry with other partners. You could tell she was enjoying herself last night and is obviously totally comfortable with Benji.

I though Allison and Ivan were amazing!! They were the best of the night and the best I've seen them!

I predict that Natalie and Ryan are on the way out.

• Members

SYTYCD July 27 Results

Botttom two girls:

Natalie

Allison

Bottom two boys:

Ryan

Travis

How wrong was America. I totally disagree with Allison and Travis being in the bottom two and so do the judges. Just wrong.

And leaving:

Allison (so wrong)

Ryan

• Members

I hate that Alison went. I really thought it would be Natalie. Honestly, Alison should not have been in the bottom... she was the best the other night, IMO. I guess Natalie will be the next to go. All four ot the girls are good, but Alison and Donyelle were my favorites. I'd like to see Heidi go next. She a good dancer, but I just don't really like her as much as the others. Alison's dance at the end almost brought a tear to my eyes.

Ryan's leaving was no surprise. Travis os good, but I still think he'll go next.

• Members

SYTYCD 8-2

I missed out on a lot of details in the beginning, so here is my views, briefly.

Tonight was only one hour, I hope as I didn't turn it on until 8.

Out of the three girls and three boys performing, each was paired for two dances and and then each one a solo.

Boys were drawing names tonight.

Ivan drew Natalie

They performed Jazz and Contemporary

The judges were especially critical of Ivan and of Natalie's lack of emotion.

Travis drew Heidi

They danced a waltz which I did not see on screen. Did anyone?

They danced a ?????? didn't see the name but it was very contemporary.

Benji drew Donyelle

They danced Broadway

They danced ??????

Sorry I missed those and don't remember the names of the dances.

I totally loved Heidi and Travis and Benji tonight.

• Members

Thanks, Danni.

What performance did you like best? I side with Nigel that Heidi and Travis had the best of the partner performances and between the solos I'm stymied.

Wonder why Donyelle looked upset during and after hers....suppose she hurt her toe or could you get a grasp on that?

• Members

http://www.dialidol.com

Girls:

Heidi 11.5

Natalie 5.672

Donyelle 5.31

Guys:

Benji 5.81

Travis 5.5

Ivan 4.397

Looks like a landslide for Heidi. I was soooooooo surprised that Benji has only 5.8. He is my favorite. The board at Fox/dance says DialIdol isn't that accurate in the actual results so they can't count Donyelle out over Natalie yet. Looks like Ivan will go though.

• Members

SYTYCD 8-3 results show

I'm happy. Travis, Benji and Heidi are safe.

Going home with such style and grace:

Ivan and Natalie

Next week is the finali but since this is the first year for me to watch the show, I don't know what that means. Anyone know how it's handled?

• Members

I guess I must be the only person that does not just love Heidi. Yeah, she's a good dancer. But I agree with Mia, she's not very versatile. Her solo is always the same. And she did okay on the pop/african dance the other night but other than that she's just been lucky. I would much prefer to have seen Allison in the finals over Heidi.

This is my first year watching too so I can't tell you what the finals will be like. I predict that Benji will win it all. He's by far the fan favorite.

• Members

I've been told by others who watched last year that the remaining four will dance with each other, even the girls together and the boys together. That should help us decide better who really grabs our hearts and thrills us the most. Right now, I would hate to have to say. Well, Travis is the one who is the most enchanting, but I adore Heidi and Benji who are so very talented, too. Donyelle doesn't grab my heart or thrill me like those three do.

Archived