RockStar: Supernova Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh! I can't believe PukeASS won.

The whole studio was screaming DILANA and they pick PukeASS

His voice does not match the sound of Supernova. Guess they want a punk/metal sound, instead of a modern rock sound.

I won't be buying the album. I'll wait for Storm and Dilana's

• Members

This was my first and last season watching this show......... :angry:

I put up with Dave Navarro and his freaky self absorbed ass while trying to watch this show, only to have it end with singer that I disliked from the start winning. ..... :angry:

LukASS was not the best singer, certainly was one of the least entertaining, and his attitude stunk.......IMHO

When it came down to Dilana and LukASS, I was in shock that they chose to go with LukASS; that made me loose any interest that I may have had in the band.

Hopefully Dave and LukASS will enjoy sharing clothing, makeup, and other miscellaneous ideas with each other while on tour..... :rolleyes:

The highlight of the season was discovering Ryan Star......... :wub::wub::wub:

su·per·no·va (sū'pər-nō'və) pronunciation

n., pl. -vae (-vē) or -vas.

A rare celestial phenomenon involving the explosion of most of the material in a star, resulting in an extremely bright, SHORT-LIVED object that emits vast amounts of energy.

• Members

Judge Orders Tommy Lee's Supernova To Change Name

09/13/2006 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Lyndsey Parker

When the finale of Rock Star: Supernova airs tonight on CBS, it may be the final time we hear the name "Supernova" associated with the new band featuring Motley Crue's Tommy Lee, Guns N' Roses' Gilby Clarke, and former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted.

The three metal men began searching for a singer for their new project earlier this summer, on the second season of Rock Star (season one was launched to find a replacement for late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence). And pretty much since Lee and company announced that their new supergroup would be called Supernova, a California-based punk band by the same name has been trying to stop them.

The original Supernova formed in 1989 and released three albums in the '90s, including one on major label Atlantic Records; they are probably best known for contributing the song "Chewbacca" to the Clerks soundtrack. And now, after filing for a preliminary injunction protecting their name, they have officially triumphed in a California court.

A California judge ruled today--ironically while the Rock Star: Supernova finale was being taped nearby--that Tommy Lee's reality show band must find a new name, because an established recording artist called Supernova already exists.

"The ruling is a major victory for Supernova, especially since it has been announced on several occasions that our client's case had no merit," the original Supernova's attorney, John Mizhir Jr., told Billboard. "This is sweet justice. The order also proves that the law does not discriminate. The band members have worked hard for the past 17 years to establish the name Supernova and they are entitled to continue to perform without any other parties--large or small--infringing on their rights."

Now that Tommy Lee's band is forbidden to use the Supernova name for performances and recordings, we'll have to wait and see how this affects the Rock Star finale that airs tonight, or the group's already-booked North American tour that kicks off on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas.

• Members

I agree Lukas was by far the worst singer left and a lot worse than Ryan and Storm who were axed prematurely. I like Lukas on a few songs and that's it. Dilana should've won, and they made it look like she was gonna. I was shocked. Tommy, especially has always acted like he liked her best. Dilana's hard rock/metal, Lukas is more alternative rock.

Just listened to Storm's "Ladylike" 2 min. snippet, Rick. I thik it probably is the original since it's listed as Storm & the Balls (which is her group). I hope Storm, Toby, Ryan and especially Dilana all win major record deals and each become big stars, or even HUGE. I think they all can do that since rock (thankfully) seems to be making somewhat of a comeback.

• Members

I actually ws more shocked that Toby lost but a bit Dilana too. Toby is better at songwriting than she is, that's why I picked him and also b/c it was obvious how the crowd loved him and felt so close to him, and I love his voice the most. I don't think Gilby could even play the riff in Toby's song anways, he's not that good that Gilby and I don't even know what he's doing with Tommy and Jason, even if I loved Guns 'n Roses.

I still don't get why they said that Lukas got the most votes>huh? That's weird as I don't see much love for him but on one note it's nice to another Canadian win, we do have a lot of original talent here and he's good but not for Supernova IMO. They're all better than what Supernova plans anyway and I think after the tour it will flop.

Archived