MadTV- Debra Wilson Tribute Video

Cheap21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a sweet tribute. And it certainly is to her credit that someone should edit such a well-produced clip show.

That said, I fear that "Mad TV," like "Passions," may have difficulty ever reclaiming the greatness from its first three years. The casts today, no matter what combination, just don't work. But Nicole Sullivan, Debra Wilson, Alex Borstein, Bryan Callen, Orlando Jones (and the others from that golden era)...that's just magic.

• Members

the original cast sucked. The original skits and characters sucked. Exceptions being Debra Wilson and Nicole Sulivan. And Phil Lamar somewhat, but he was rather forgettable.Brian Callan was annoying.

It wasn't till Will Sasso, Alex Borstein, Mo Collins, Michael McDonald and Pat Kilbane joined that the show became amazing. This wasn't till 1997-1998. Then Sullivan left in 2001, Borstein and Sasso in 2002, Wilson in 2003. But by 2002 the newbs were all crap -> cept for a blond girl that was a co-star for a half season, she was really hot and funny, but they never picked her up the following year. Foolish. And Stephanie Weir was a poor Nicole Sullivan replacement.

• Members

Stephanie Weir is hilarious! She's been one of the few good castmates left that has helped carry the show. The first season was good when it originally aired but I dont think it holds up that well in reruns like the others. I thought the 2nd one was good. I think Alex Borstein joined that one. There was another castmember, I think her name was Lisa something and she was good but only lasted a season. The show started to go downhill once Nicole Sullivan left but it was still good bc Debra Wilson carried it. She was MadTV and after she was gone, well it lost its fire. Alot of the cast members now just arent funny. The only good ones are Michael McDonald, Stephanie Weir and Ike (Cant spell his last name)

• Members

I warmed up to Stephanie Weir but I canNOT, under any circumstances, enjoy Ike BarenJERK. I don't find him funny. Nor do I find the Asian funny either. (It's not a racial thing, I honestly forget his forgettable name). Now, that Daewoo, naked all the time, Connie Chung, lame translator schtick must cease, a-s-a-p. Pink slip him before anybody because I honestly think "Mad TV" producers are sitting in the audience cheering and roaring with laughter when he's on set, for whatever reason, because he ain't funny. He's just UBER-annoying.

• Members

Hilarious. I do love Debra, both as Oprah and Whitney.

The FUNNIEST cast member ever, though, IMO, is Nicole Sullivan. There wasn't a skit that she appeared in that didn't make me laugh. The Anti Depressercize Minute with Charlotte, Antonia, Darlene McBride, the VanCome Lady, or Hilary Clinton. All classic.

A close third on my list of faves, behind Nicole and then Debra, was Mary Scheer. Its just too bad that she was only on for what, two seasons?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2zXGp9ThTtA&sea...cole%20sullivan

a classic nicole sullivan performance :)

youre referring to Bobby Lee, and yes, he's freaking irritating.

• Members

I can't fathom why Debra left. She's just doing 7-Up commercials now, right? That is ALL I've seen her in. And why doesn't Nicole come back? No project she's tried has been successful. come back where you OWN the show, Nicole. Who wouldn't want that? I mean, EVERYTHING she did was a hit. And ALL her recurring characters worked. How come Mad TV doesn't offer her a raise or SOMETHING to get the likes of Bobby Lee and other less successful (if at all) actors off our screens?!!

• Members

I love Ike Barinholtz as Kevin Federline, and Nicole Parker is great as Ashlee & Jessica Simpson, and Britney Spears.

I usually try to catch MAD TV to see if they're going to do any music videos. That's what makes the show, are those hilarious music videos.

I also miss Aries Spears. His imitations of Bill Cosby were dead-on, and anytime he spoofed gangsta rappers had me rolling.

• Members

I'm not trying to be mean but, compared to "Mad TV" -- which would welcome her back with open arms -- that ain't much. TV Guide Channel? Are you kidding me! :lol:

I know it was a money issue for Sullivan. She has said so herself. But I can't believe Wilson is getting paid more on TVG than on Mad TV. I mean, TV Guide Channel?! I won't believe it.

I disagree about Mad TV's music videos. I believe they were gold back in the day (The infamous "Lick My Baby Back Behind" parody of "Hit Me Baby (One More Time)" by Britney). But now, they're lame. Like that one with Hilary Duff about her supposed eating disorder--LAAAAME, not funny and trying too hard. Less is more, and I believe Mad TV, these days, lets way too much hang out. It's either the scripts or the actors but I feel they got away with it 'back in the day.'

• Members

Debra Wilson is probably one of my favorites as well, the chick that played that old lady that would go in stores and bother people and also played Stuart's mom would be my other favorite. DW playing Oprah or Whitney is just too damn funny, she is dead on. Sadly, SNL or MTV will never get back to its classic years.

Archived