Making The Band 3: Season 3 Discussion Thread

Ryan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 22 2006, 10:21 PM)

Shannon's part is so tiny I don't see how you can say that. Her part was actually one of my favorites, along with Dawn. I don't think she was trying to sound street, but sexy kitten-ish and she pulled it off for me.

I never thought Shannon was that good of a singer. That Dangerously In Love rendition seriously had me wincing. I'm glad her verse was short because it was eyeroll worthy. At least Diddy acknowledges that she's the weakest of the five singers.

• Members

As I cant wait for this to come out in the UK in a few months time, I've been watching on YouTube.

Okay, so the single is okay, but My Body, or even the When We Make Love song, would have been a far better choice for a single.

Also, why is Wanita suddenly calling herself D.Woods? It just makes her look really conceited like "oh i'm better than the rest of these girls" which is crap because she was one of my faves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Lol, maybe she is overrated, but I felt really bad for her. I didn't think she sounded bad at all, but I guess she didn't have the sound Brian was looking for that song. I really loved her part too.

• Members

I think Aubrey is undoubtedly the star of the band...Diddy has loved her since day 1 and we all know that...although she is more suited to the faster songs...her voice is really good but just doesnt suit a ballad.

• Members

Aubrey's voice is paper thin, but that can work for a pop singer. Look at Britney Spears, lol. My problem with her is all the complaining, with her voice, she's lucky to be in the band. In a band, not everyone is going to sing on every song. She has gained the most fans so she is the first star to emerge, but you can't blame them for giving Wanita and Aundrea all the meaty stuff.

People say that Shannon can't sing, but i think it was just nerves at the beginning. If you listen to her now she sounds really good and you don't hear the producers talking about taking her out of songs. BTW, do you guys remember when she was runner up on the talent show Fame? I thought she was totally robbed there!

Right now I'm loving Show Stopper and can't wait to see the video. I hope it's a hit for them, at first I hated it, but now it's so hot. It's different from what other groups are doing which is nice.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 24 2006, 12:45 PM)

Aubrey's voice is paper thin, but that can work for a pop singer. Look at Britney Spears, lol. My problem with her is all the complaining, with her voice, she's lucky to be in the band. In a band, not everyone is going to sing on every song. She has gained the most fans so she is the first star to emerge, but you can't blame them for giving Wanita and Aundrea all the meaty stuff.

People say that Shannon can't sing, but i think it was just nerves at the beginning. If you listen to her now she sounds really good and you don't hear the producers talking about taking her out of songs. BTW, do you guys remember when she was runner up on the talent show Fame? I thought she was totally robbed there!

Right now I'm loving Show Stopper and can't wait to see the video. I hope it's a hit for them, at first I hated it, but now it's so hot. It's different from what other groups are doing which is nice.

She's better than Britney Spears, but she can be really grating to listen to. I know the only reason why she made that group was because Diddy was in love with her. Wanita and Aundrea are the strongest singers in the group, so naturally they're going to get the most stuff.

My disdain of Shannon's "singing ability" goes back to the first season. When she was screaming "Dangerously in Love" my eardrums hurt. I seriously thought they were going to be like, WTF? But the ONLY reason why she got it was because Johnny Wright was in love with her and Diddy listens to Johnny like all the time. She sounds awful in that little snippet of her singing Sleep On It.

• Members

Lol, I'm right there with you Danni about Shannon. However, I think she's improved a lot.

Aubrey is the breakout star of the group seeing as how she's the most popular. My problem is that they didn't tell her what to do. I'm sorry, but telling someone to "put some more stank on it" makes no god damn sense to me. TELL her what you want her to do. IMHO, I didn't think she sounded bad on "Ride For You". Her part was actually my favorite. I would have loved to hear her and Aundrey alternate lines for the entire song.

Archived