Making The Band 3: Season 3 Discussion Thread

Ryan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching it. I do think that there could've been a better set of girls for the group. I don't see them doing extremely well because it's Diddy. He can't promote even if his life depended on it.

• Members

My line-up would have been different, but it was set from the beginning that Aundrea and Aubrey would make the group. I liked Denosh's singing ability, but her personality would clash with the other girls. She's too damn bossy.

Seeing Dawn return home and see what's left of her city is so sad. I read that Diddy is letting her have her own song on the album with the girls singing backup (it'll be related to her growing up in New Orleans and seeing it destroyed).

• Members

I think Aubrey's overrated. There's just something about her that really bothers me, but you knew from the get go that she was going to be in that group. I also can't stand the fact that we're the same age and she looks like she's 30. My final choice would've been: Aundrea, Melissa, Dawn, Taquita, and Wanita. When Shannon sang Dangerously in Love in that last episode, I was just wincing and I couldn't believe they thought that was good. However, we all know that Johnny Wright was all up on her like white on rice.

• Members

Melissa's voice is horrendous. Personally, I'm very pleased with the group. They look good together, and while not everyone is Whitney Houston, they sound together in a group setting. It's also key that they get along! Da Band was great, but they didn't get along and it killed their chances.

The premiere for me was very boring. I want them to be recording, not this crap Diddy puts them through. I did like seeing the girls personalities, but I want them to get to the singing and dancing.

The UK does girl bands much better so I doubt they'll top the Sugababes or Mis-Teeq, but I think they should be okay. A big problem for me is that they're going for the generic R&B-lite that all the other US girl bands are doing. In the UK they are more diverse and you get more styles on an album. This group would stand out more if they created a diverse style. We'll see though..

• Members

I thought Melissa's voice was not that bad. She's not as strong as Aundrea, but she could belt and harmonize. She needed to stop singing from her throat and use her diaphragm.

I don't know how well they'll do. We all know Dream failed. At the same time, there's no major girl group out there with DC going their separate ways. It basically comes down to how Diddy promotes them, and how they act as a group. What would be good for them is to have the album scheduled to be released around the same time, either the week of or week after, the season finale to build on momentum.

• Members

I've downloaded Danity Kane's first single and I don't know what to think. One thing is for sure, the lyrics are horrendous, even for a pop song. The vocals are okay, but I can't figure out whos singing. My guess is Dawn does most of the vocals for this song. It's VERY difficult for me to figure out. The style of the song is typical R&B, but more BET than something you'd see from The Pussycat Dolls. Maybe with future listens it'll grow on me, but right now it's my least favorite of all the Making the Band songs.

Whoever is singing, the vocals are pretty bland. Not only can I not tell who is singing, it kinda reminds me of the background vocals for a rappers track by some nameless singer.

• Members

It's really not a good single to start out with. I only got Aubrey's and Wanita's voices in the verses. Other than that... it's all a mash. "Touchin' My Body" would've been a much better song to start out with.

• Members

Here are the lyrics:

Umm.....not the best song lyrics in the world, but overall it's better than most songs about money, bling and cars. The song is actually growing on me now.

I broke the lyrics down by who's singing what. And yes, I can tell who the girls are, lol.

• Members

I like it a little better now that I kee listening to i and can tell whose singing. Still, it's not their best. What I love about the Touch My Body mp3 I have is that you can 100% tell who is singing what. The vocals are just as important to the beat. For this song, it's like a nameless girl singing on a rappers track.

I hope they become really big in the US and UK. I say UK because that means we'll get lots of good remixes on the singles. Can't wait. :D

Archived